Skip to content
YACReader
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.

More Functionality for Table View

  • theberin
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #1707 by theberin
More Functionality for Table View was created by theberin
I have a large (6000+ books) digital comic library. I've got used to the functionality of ComicRack for managing the library on PC, but I'd prefer to use my Macs for that. Of course, ComicRack doesn't have a Mac version, and YAC Reader is the best option available for Mac. (Not only that, but it's way prettier than ComicRack.)

I've run into several frustrations, though, in trying to mimic the ways I read in ComicRack (which have become intuitive) while using YACReader. I thought I'd split them up as different suggestions as they come to me.

The main one that's bothering me right now is not having enough columns in list/table view and not having those columns be sortable.

Columns on my wishlist:
Series
Volume (In YACReader's edit dialogue, Volume is the label for the Series field. Conventionally, Volume would be a subset of the Series information, often indicated by the year the chronology began printing.)
Issue
Publication Date
Gap Information (indicating missing issues by showing gaps in numbering)
Story Arc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1709 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic More Functionality for Table View
Welcome to the forum theberin.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions, it is really welcome.

It could be nice to hear from you how would you use the columns functionality you are asking for. Basicaly your work flow, how you browse your comics, or how you try to do whatever you are used to.

I keep things simple because this is how I use YACReader. And that is why I love to hear any comments from the users :)

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7906 by danhackley
Replied by danhackley on topic More Functionality for Table View
Has there been any progress in implementing more columns? I would love to have the "series" column and ideally some others, an options.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7911 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic More Functionality for Table View
It’s been in my TODO list forever but I still want to do something about it, I will give it a try for 9.14

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7914 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic More Functionality for Table View
I will be available in 9.14



I have to decide what fields from the DB will be available and some new defaults.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7915 by Abiudy254
Replied by Abiudy254 on topic More Functionality for Table View
Could this cover flow mode also have a dark mode?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7916 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic More Functionality for Table View

Abiudy254 wrote: Could this cover flow mode also have a dark mode?


That's part of a huge overhaul I want to do to the UI code

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7917 by Abiudy254
Replied by Abiudy254 on topic More Functionality for Table View
Why the overhaul? Is the UI going to change or is it for performance issues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7920 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic More Functionality for Table View
It is about how it is implemented in code, the mac version has lots of code paths decided at compilation time and I need to change them to runtime checks, that will make theming easier and I will be able to implement light/dark themes.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #8112 by salasnet
Replied by salasnet on topic More Functionality for Table View
I have downloaded the 9.14 version to try out the extended columns and I think this is a great addition! The extended tags are very helpful.

However, I do have a suggestion or two that would really make it more useful in column view.

1. It would be fantastic if we could click on the column header so that we can sort by that column. Right now, it always sorts by Issue number only.

2. Related to No.1 The sorting rules should respect what Volume something is and sort it by volume first, because higher volumes should always go after lower volumes. If you have a folder with multiple volumes of a comic book in it, all of the volumes will be mixed because the view only sorts by issue numbers. So, if you have three volumes in a folder, all of the number #001 issues will be grouped together, all of the number #002 issues and so on. They should be sorted by Volume first and then by Issue number. All V1 issues would be first, followed by V2 issues, followed by V3 issues, etc.

Yes, I know we can create separate folders for different Volumes, but this does not take away from the premise that different Volumes should not be mixed when they have the same Issue number in a sorting algorithm.

Thanks for a great program. Fantastico!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!