Skip to content
YACReader
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.

Zoom option for Mac (trackpad pinch to zoom)

  • skrimaging
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #1719 by skrimaging
I love using your app on my iPad and even iPhone.. on those devices, I can easily zoom pages with a 2 finger pinch or spread gesture...

because the Mac trackpad also has multitouch gestures, it would be great to have this implemented in Yac Reader for Mac aswell..

thanks for this great app (on all devices) and keep up the great work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1720 by selmf
Hi Skrimaging,

the way images are handled in YACReader right now makes it difficult to implement some features the users are requesting. While zoom and touch support technically would be possible with the way things currently work it makes little sense to invest time in implementing them if the code's going to be replaced with something else anyways.

For your feature request this means that you have to hold out a little while I'm busy laying the foundation for the features in YACReader. Once I'm convinced the overhauled code is mature enough for testing we will probably provide a "technical preview" for users to test, which may or may not have touch support enabled.

If the testing is successfull and both Luis and I are convinced it is safe to merge the code it will then go through the usual cycle from alpha to beta till it's release time again.

FYI, I will probably open a seperate thread in the "Questions to the users" section of the forum once I'm starting to implement anything touch related since I'm basically a luddite when it comes to stuff like this ;)

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1722 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Zoom option for Mac (trackpad pinch to zoom)

skrimaging wrote: I love using your app on my iPad and even iPhone.. on those devices, I can easily zoom pages with a 2 finger pinch or spread gesture...

because the Mac trackpad also has multitouch gestures, it would be great to have this implemented in Yac Reader for Mac aswell..

thanks for this great app (on all devices) and keep up the great work.


Gestures are no implemented in MacOSX because there is a bug in the toolkit that I am using for the development (Qt). And yes, in OSX gestures should be a must...

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1726 by selmf

Luis Ángel wrote: Gestures are no implemented in MacOSX because there is a bug in the toolkit that I am using for the development (Qt). And yes, in OSX gestures should be a must...


Good to know. No need to waste time on this right now then.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!