Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Zoom option for Mac (trackpad pinch to zoom)

Zoom option for Mac (trackpad pinch to zoom) 8 years 8 months ago #1719

skrimaging

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 4

I love using your app on my iPad and even iPhone.. on those devices, I can easily zoom pages with a 2 finger pinch or spread gesture...

because the Mac trackpad also has multitouch gestures, it would be great to have this implemented in Yac Reader for Mac aswell..

thanks for this great app (on all devices) and keep up the great work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Zoom option for Mac (trackpad pinch to zoom) 8 years 8 months ago #1720

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi Skrimaging,

the way images are handled in YACReader right now makes it difficult to implement some features the users are requesting. While zoom and touch support technically would be possible with the way things currently work it makes little sense to invest time in implementing them if the code's going to be replaced with something else anyways.

For your feature request this means that you have to hold out a little while I'm busy laying the foundation for the features in YACReader. Once I'm convinced the overhauled code is mature enough for testing we will probably provide a "technical preview" for users to test, which may or may not have touch support enabled.

If the testing is successfull and both Luis and I are convinced it is safe to merge the code it will then go through the usual cycle from alpha to beta till it's release time again.

FYI, I will probably open a seperate thread in the "Questions to the users" section of the forum once I'm starting to implement anything touch related since I'm basically a luddite when it comes to stuff like this ;)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Zoom option for Mac (trackpad pinch to zoom) 8 years 8 months ago #1722

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

skrimaging wrote:
I love using your app on my iPad and even iPhone.. on those devices, I can easily zoom pages with a 2 finger pinch or spread gesture...

because the Mac trackpad also has multitouch gestures, it would be great to have this implemented in Yac Reader for Mac aswell..

thanks for this great app (on all devices) and keep up the great work.

Gestures are no implemented in MacOSX because there is a bug in the toolkit that I am using for the development (Qt). And yes, in OSX gestures should be a must...
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Zoom option for Mac (trackpad pinch to zoom) 8 years 8 months ago #1726

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Luis Ángel wrote:
Gestures are no implemented in MacOSX because there is a bug in the toolkit that I am using for the development (Qt). And yes, in OSX gestures should be a must...

Good to know. No need to waste time on this right now then.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.