Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Feature / Fix Suggestions

Feature / Fix Suggestions 8 years 7 months ago #1795

outerzenith

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Ok, I've been looking for a comic reader with library function, and this one is pretty neat. Though there are some suggestions:

1. Add a simple "Zoom in / Zoom out" feature, not with the magnifier or fit width. I mean, like when i press a certain key, the page become larger (zoom in), press another key and it will be smaller (zoom out).

2. Add a "Resume" feature which instantly open the last comic and it last page where I left it. Or better yet, add a "Resume Recent" which lists the recent comics I've read.

3. Make the subfolders have the icon of the first book's cover please...

4. Make the page scroll smoother please. Both with mouse scroll and down key seems... "lagged".

You can actually learn more with this another comic reader program called "CDisplayEX".. but it lacked library system and have not much features such as rating or comic editing.

I'd say thank you if you guys just even read this. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anticubicle

Feature / Fix Suggestions 8 years 7 months ago #1796

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi Outerzenith!

1) I'm already working on this feature. If nothing unexpected happens it will probably be in the next version of YACReader for PC and Mac.

2) Yes, I also want this feature. I haven't written any code for it yet, but some of the mechanics needed are already present in the reader, for example keeping track of the reading progress.

3) I'm keeping my hands clean of this area, but Luis (founder and main programmer of YAC*) is always happy to get suggestions :cheer:

4) Not sure about this one, easy to screw up, will have to discuss it with Luis. Finding sane defaults for user interface features like scrolling is really tricky but lagginess can really ruin the user experience.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: outerzenith