- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Read Counts and/or Percentages
- Kr1ll1n
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #1815
by Kr1ll1n
Read Counts and/or Percentages was created by Kr1ll1n
Hi YACReader Team!
Thank you all for the wonderful work you are doing in this oft neglected space.
That being said, a quick question and 3 feature requests, if I may;
Question:
AppleTV Gen4 version? I know, it's not out yet, but the most recent Apple Keynote hinted that the new AppleTV box would support comic reading (I assume iBooks), so to have a much more feature rich client would be welcomed.
Feature 1:
It would be nice if the App and Desktop client both gave you the ability to get a percentage or count of the amount of issues read for both individual folders, and the entirety of ones' collection.
Example 1:
Open YacReader, and top bar shows a count like such --- 302/457 (66% Read)
Drill down into a comics folder\group --- 10/27 (37% Read)
Feature 2:
Filtered views for (already read, not read yet, etc...etc...)
Example 2a (already read):
Open YacReader, and only comics that have been read are shown.
Drill down into folder/group, and it does the same.
Example 2b (not read yet):
Open YacReader, and only comics that have not been read are shown.
Drill down into folder/group, and it does the same.
Feature 3:
"Current Series" filter with adjustable date range.
Example 3:
Open YacReader, set it to "Active" view, set it to "7-day window", and then it shows you the comic series (assuming they are organized by folder/group/title) that you have been reading in the past 7 days. Let's say I had Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, JLA, and Batman. I have read Batman and Green Lantern Corps comics in the past week. The app (OSX/iOS) then only shows Batman and Green Lantern Corps in the main area unless I disable Active view, or adjust the date range measurement.
Thank you all for the wonderful work you are doing in this oft neglected space.
That being said, a quick question and 3 feature requests, if I may;
Question:
AppleTV Gen4 version? I know, it's not out yet, but the most recent Apple Keynote hinted that the new AppleTV box would support comic reading (I assume iBooks), so to have a much more feature rich client would be welcomed.
Feature 1:
It would be nice if the App and Desktop client both gave you the ability to get a percentage or count of the amount of issues read for both individual folders, and the entirety of ones' collection.
Example 1:
Open YacReader, and top bar shows a count like such --- 302/457 (66% Read)
Drill down into a comics folder\group --- 10/27 (37% Read)
Feature 2:
Filtered views for (already read, not read yet, etc...etc...)
Example 2a (already read):
Open YacReader, and only comics that have been read are shown.
Drill down into folder/group, and it does the same.
Example 2b (not read yet):
Open YacReader, and only comics that have not been read are shown.
Drill down into folder/group, and it does the same.
Feature 3:
"Current Series" filter with adjustable date range.
Example 3:
Open YacReader, set it to "Active" view, set it to "7-day window", and then it shows you the comic series (assuming they are organized by folder/group/title) that you have been reading in the past 7 days. Let's say I had Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, JLA, and Batman. I have read Batman and Green Lantern Corps comics in the past week. The app (OSX/iOS) then only shows Batman and Green Lantern Corps in the main area unless I disable Active view, or adjust the date range measurement.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 1 week ago #1833
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Read Counts and/or Percentages
Apple TV. Yes it would be great, but I barely have time for the iOS version. So by now I am not even thinking in Apple TV at all.
Feature 1. Good idea.
Feature 2. This is almost implemented, in Windows, you can write "[read] blah blah" in the search input and it will look only for read comics, the same with "[unread]...". Next step will be to fix this in OSX and add more filters and more smart lists (like the reading one in YACReaderLibrary). The iOS version will require more work for achieving this.
Feature 3. Ranges filters are a good idea, but won't happen soon...
Thanks for the suggestions ans for using YACReader. Sorry for the late response, I am too busy these days.
Feature 1. Good idea.
Feature 2. This is almost implemented, in Windows, you can write "[read] blah blah" in the search input and it will look only for read comics, the same with "[unread]...". Next step will be to fix this in OSX and add more filters and more smart lists (like the reading one in YACReaderLibrary). The iOS version will require more work for achieving this.
Feature 3. Ranges filters are a good idea, but won't happen soon...
Thanks for the suggestions ans for using YACReader. Sorry for the late response, I am too busy these days.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel