- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Line between Folders List and Reading list + More
- anticubicle
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #1820
by anticubicle
Line between Folders List and Reading list + More was created by anticubicle
Love the app, here are a few suggestions I have that I think would help improve the user experience.
1. Please add a thin line to separate the sections of the left sidebar.
2. Double click to edit name of Reading List items/folders
3. Dark theme for entire app, or at least the left sidebar.
4. Add option to show labels underneath the icons in the toolbar of YacReader
5. Add ability to enlarge the size of the cover images in Grid View (similar to OS X Finder icon view)
6. Add ability to REMOVE tags downloaded from ComicVine
7. Change the "Read" icon while in Grid view to match the little bookmark icon that is used in the Comic Flow view. This is much easier to see.
8. Add sorting functionality within the Comic Flow view so that I can manually sort my comics by "Read" or by "Size" for example.
9. Add a "Checklist" function so that I can see which issues of a series I am missing. Maybe this can somehow sync up with the ComicVine API?
1. Please add a thin line to separate the sections of the left sidebar.
2. Double click to edit name of Reading List items/folders
3. Dark theme for entire app, or at least the left sidebar.
4. Add option to show labels underneath the icons in the toolbar of YacReader
5. Add ability to enlarge the size of the cover images in Grid View (similar to OS X Finder icon view)
6. Add ability to REMOVE tags downloaded from ComicVine
7. Change the "Read" icon while in Grid view to match the little bookmark icon that is used in the Comic Flow view. This is much easier to see.
8. Add sorting functionality within the Comic Flow view so that I can manually sort my comics by "Read" or by "Size" for example.
9. Add a "Checklist" function so that I can see which issues of a series I am missing. Maybe this can somehow sync up with the ComicVine API?
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 1 week ago #1832
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Line between Folders List and Reading list + More
1. I tried to mimic as much as possible the look of side bars in OSX, the norm is not have this kind of lines. But I will think about it in the next UI design iteration.
2. It seems easy but has some side effects in terms of implementation, but yes, inline edit should be great.
3. I created a differenet UI them for OSX time ago because a lot of users complained about YACReader not looking native enought on OSX. In any case, this is something already scheduled. I want to add an option for using light/dark them.
4. The toolbar in OSX is a little bit tricky, this issue is specific of OSX and needs to be fixed.
5. Already implemented
It is working with minor issues in the development version. I would like to start to release development version binaries, so users can early adopt new features, if the new features are to unstable, you can always avoid using it.
6. Good point.
7. That was suggested during the beta testing of 8.0, I didn't have time for doing it. But I want to unify how these 'marks' look in the flow, grid and iOS.
8. This is something already scheduled and needs a lot of work
9. I thought about it, and I started implementing related things: you can mark a folder as a "uncompleted" for example, that means that you don't have all the comics. The integration with comic vine is a great idea for this.
Thanks for your suggestions!
2. It seems easy but has some side effects in terms of implementation, but yes, inline edit should be great.
3. I created a differenet UI them for OSX time ago because a lot of users complained about YACReader not looking native enought on OSX. In any case, this is something already scheduled. I want to add an option for using light/dark them.
4. The toolbar in OSX is a little bit tricky, this issue is specific of OSX and needs to be fixed.
5. Already implemented
6. Good point.
7. That was suggested during the beta testing of 8.0, I didn't have time for doing it. But I want to unify how these 'marks' look in the flow, grid and iOS.
8. This is something already scheduled and needs a lot of work
9. I thought about it, and I started implementing related things: you can mark a folder as a "uncompleted" for example, that means that you don't have all the comics. The integration with comic vine is a great idea for this.
Thanks for your suggestions!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel