Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: ComicBook Lover/ComicRack Metadata compatibility

ComicBook Lover/ComicRack Metadata compatibility 1 year 3 weeks ago #4898

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 115

It mostly means that I am viewing this task from a coders viewpoint with the question of what I can reasonably implement in small convenient steps. Starting from tagged files with the metadata inside is a good first step as it allows me to work with small samples and test the metadata import.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alext41

ComicRack metadata documentation available? 6 months 3 weeks ago #5201

brainchild

Fresh Boarder

Following investigation, though it revealed sparse information on the topic, I have come to understand that the community currently views the ComicRack-style XML metadata file as the most plausible candidate for a standard solution to the problem of inclusion of metadata inside a published file. Yet, the long-standing lack of operation of the project web site, which is variously referenced as the source of the file-format documentation, suggests that the project is defunct, and certainly precluded the possibility of reading any documentation from that site.

Would anyone be able to comment on the question of the best source currently to find a specification or description of the format?

ComicRack metadata documentation available? 6 months 3 weeks ago #5207

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 115

The technical discussion for YACReader and Metadata is mostly happening here:

github.com/YACReader/yacreader/issues/96

I haven't come around to really delve into that issue, but this might be of help to you:

github.com/comictagger/comictagger

As I mentioned elsewhere, this is just for tagging/sorting comics and not really a standard.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.