Skip to content
YACReader
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.

CBT File Support

  • Bully FU
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #2210 by Bully FU
CBT File Support was created by Bully FU
I've recently encountered comics in CBT format. Based on what I found online about the format it's newer and is "the *.cbt files are basically renamed TAR archives and can be decompressed with any TAR file utility." Similar to how CBZ are renamed ZIP archives and CBR being RAR archives. It would be nice if support for this format was available in the near future because it looks like CBT files are about half the size of CBR or CBZ files yet maintain the majority of the quality.

Here is a link to a site with more detailed info on CBT files, if anyone is interested.
www.file-extensions.org/cbt-file-extension

Also now that I can get DRM free files straight from Comixology in either CBZ or PDF format I would like to see YAC support PDF's. I have a number of eBooks also in PDF format that I could use YAC Reader for and be able to ditch one of the other readers I have on my iPad.

Regardless of PDF support this is by far the best reader I've used for my iPad. I have a friend who has a Kindle and he's always getting new/different readers because he hasn't found one that compares to YAC. It would be cool if this came out on Kindle but I imagine there is a bit more involved to be able to be featured in their store, as they have the smallest storefront of apps out of any Tablet OS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2213 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic CBT File Support
CBT is supported by the desktop version. So you can transfer cbt files to iOS through YACReaderLibrary. Any format supported by YACReaderLibrary can be transfered to the iOS app.

YACReader supports PDF, it doesn't have the best implementation though. I always recomend CBZ or CBR over PDF.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!