- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Library Location
- Tyberious Funk
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
10 years 4 months ago #2391
by Tyberious Funk
Library Location was created by Tyberious Funk
As I understand it, when I add a library, a folder called .yacreaderlibrary gets added to the root directory, containing a sqlite database with all the metadata, and a folder with all the covers.
Would it be possible to have this folder stored somewhere else? i.e., other than the same folder as the comics?
I keep all my comics on a NAS. So yacreader stores all the metadata in the NAS folder. This makes browsing the library potentially slow and unreliable (if/when I'm on wireless). Storing the data locally would allow me to browse, edit, etc much faster. Plus, it would allow multiple users to have their own libraries, pointing to the same content.
PS - Great work on the product so far.
Would it be possible to have this folder stored somewhere else? i.e., other than the same folder as the comics?
I keep all my comics on a NAS. So yacreader stores all the metadata in the NAS folder. This makes browsing the library potentially slow and unreliable (if/when I'm on wireless). Storing the data locally would allow me to browse, edit, etc much faster. Plus, it would allow multiple users to have their own libraries, pointing to the same content.
PS - Great work on the product so far.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 4 months ago #2396
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library Location
Having the library folder inside the comics folder has pros and cons. I can't promise adding the option for storing all the data in a custom destination.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel