- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 1
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
SMB/CIFS protocol to access comics database
- josephm
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
10 years 1 month ago #2466
by josephm
SMB/CIFS protocol to access comics database was created by josephm
Hi Luis Angel,
Nice to see back the forum
Could you consider to implement in a next release SMB/CIFS protocol to access the comics directly without any server needed?
Best regards
J
Nice to see back the forum
Could you consider to implement in a next release SMB/CIFS protocol to access the comics directly without any server needed?
Best regards
J
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 1 month ago #2467
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic SMB/CIFS protocol to access comics database
The good stuff of having a dedicated server is that you don't need to import/download a comic for start reading it.
In any case, I will keep in mind a SMB/CIFS browser, but it will not happen soon, I have a lot of things to do first...
Thanks for the suggestion.
In any case, I will keep in mind a SMB/CIFS browser, but it will not happen soon, I have a lot of things to do first...
Thanks for the suggestion.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- josephm
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 1
9 years 7 months ago #3009
by josephm
Replied by josephm on topic SMB/CIFS protocol to access comics database
I Come back to this suggestion, it would be nice to open and read the files with the ios app on a remote computer directly or nas, without needing to create and use the library or server, can you implement this feature?
Many thanks,
Many thanks,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dhernan3
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #3085
by dhernan3
Replied by dhernan3 on topic SMB/CIFS protocol to access comics database
I would like also to be able to read directly from NAS (smb,nfs,webdav,...) a la "Perfect Viewer" or "Comic Screen" for Android.
Also, I would like a YacReaderLibrary for Android. I have my HD attached to an Android box (connected to my TV), and my comics are all inside that HD. So with an Android server, I will not need to have the iMac powered on.
Regards.
Diego
Also, I would like a YacReaderLibrary for Android. I have my HD attached to an Android box (connected to my TV), and my comics are all inside that HD. So with an Android server, I will not need to have the iMac powered on.
Regards.
Diego
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dhernan3
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #3086
by dhernan3
Replied by dhernan3 on topic SMB/CIFS protocol to access comics database
I also would like that feature. I used to use PerfectViewer and ComicScreen for Android. Both can open comics directly from smb, without downloading first to tablet.
Or at least, a YacReaderLibrary for android. I have my HD attached to an Android box, always on, but to use YacReader I need to have powered on my iMac connected via smb to my android box...
Kind regards.
Diego
Or at least, a YacReaderLibrary for android. I have my HD attached to an Android box, always on, but to use YacReader I need to have powered on my iMac connected via smb to my android box...
Kind regards.
Diego
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel