- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 1
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Bring your own DB?
- jakanapes
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
10 years 1 month ago #2474
by jakanapes
Bring your own DB? was created by jakanapes
I'd love to be able to save the Library in my own local database. There'd be a nice performance boost for larger libraries.
Poking around the source, I know that QT supports mysql and pg, which would probably be the most commonly used.
Poking around the source, I know that QT supports mysql and pg, which would probably be the most commonly used.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
10 years 1 month ago #2475
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Bring your own DB?
Hi jakanapes! Bringing you own DB is probably a bit "too much" for most of our users, so we're currently not looking into implementing this. Since you're already poking around in the source code you could try to do the necessary changes yourself. Since the code responsible for the database handling is database-independent it could be as easy as switchting the sql database driver.
This will give you a good start:
doc.qt.io/qt-5/qsqldatabase.html
The code responsible for the database creation is located in YACReaderLibrary/db/data_base_management.cpp
Happy hacking
This will give you a good start:
doc.qt.io/qt-5/qsqldatabase.html
The code responsible for the database creation is located in YACReaderLibrary/db/data_base_management.cpp
Happy hacking
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 1 month ago #2477
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Bring your own DB?
In YACReaderLibrary most of the performance overhead comes from processing comics files and loading covers while browsing. Since there are not concurrent accesses to the data base, the performance using sqlite is good enough.
But maybe I am missing something, how do you expect to improve the performance?
Anyway, if you find any bottleneck in the access to the DB, please, let me know. It has been a while since the last time I tested the performance of the DB. I usually create a huge synthetic dataset for testing, way larger than any actual library, to be sure that the performance is fine.
But maybe I am missing something, how do you expect to improve the performance?
Anyway, if you find any bottleneck in the access to the DB, please, let me know. It has been a while since the last time I tested the performance of the DB. I usually create a huge synthetic dataset for testing, way larger than any actual library, to be sure that the performance is fine.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel