Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Android version?

Android version? 7 years 6 months ago #2552

fighuass

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I know this probably has been asked before, but how about an Android version? As someone who uses his MacBook and Android tablet to read manga, it's pretty annoying to not have the same software on both devices.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glassed Silver

Android version? 7 years 6 months ago #2554

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Yeah, it's a question we reveive fairly often. The standard answer is this:

There is interest in doing an Android version, but it is hard to say when it will happen. The main problem is a lack time to actually write the code.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Android version? 7 years 6 months ago #2555

fighuass

Fresh Boarder

Ah, I see. Sorry to bother.

Android version? 7 years 6 months ago #2569

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Thanks for your interest in YACReader for android fighuass.

The road map for Android would be different form iOS. A possible firt version would be "YACReader remote", basically the client for browsing/reading remotely from YACReaderLibrary to Android.

I have the UI designed and some basic code written, but there are a lot of work to do so I can't promise anything. @selmf is the only contributor (as developer) to the project, and he is focused in other tasks. Sadly I don't have enough free time for doing all I want to do :)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Android version? 7 years 6 months ago #2573

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Yeah, my focus is mainly on Linux usability/distribution and reader improvements.

Just to make this clear: Questions like this are no bother. We would like to have this functionality, but we're mostly a volunteer project with no more than one main developer and a contributor, which limits our possibilities. Still, we take user feedback very seriously and we try to improve usability as our free or rather project time allows.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Android version? 7 years 5 months ago #2603

fighuass

Fresh Boarder

Happy to be of service, good luck!