Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Bedetheque Scrapper and library organizer

Bedetheque Scrapper and library organizer 7 years 5 months ago #2631

nfp1971

Fresh Boarder

I also read french bd, and would like for YACReader to import metadata embedded in comic files, my files and probably many other users files were first tagged either by
1- Comicrack (it has plugins for ComicVIne and Bedetheque )
2- Comicbooklover, discontinued mac app but it still works)
3- ComicTagger <- I like this one problem is it doesn't tag .cbr files only cbz (anyone correct me if i'am wrong). On account of this rar issue i know of a discontinued windows app that converts rar to zip files almost flawlessly. The app it's called comicconverter (by JONTY LOVELL) i've tried to run it in PlayonMac but it doesn't work. Anyone knows of a mac app that can batch convert rar to zip?

Would be real nice if YACReader could tag files against Bedetheque ( www.bedetheque.com)alongside Comicvine.

It would be awesome for YACReader to be able to read previously tagged files from my existing comicrack library.

Again ala comicrack a script that organizes comic files into folders and renames them using a template with exclude rules, move and copy modes would be awesome.

Please excuse me, if it's seems that i am just complaning and comparing YACReader features against Comicrack, that is not my objective.
Yes, people might read my request and tell me to continue to use comicrack instead of YACReader.
I really appreciate Luís one-man effort into making this great program.

I just want more options to suite my needs, as everyone else does, i wish i could drop windows usage (w10 in virtualbox inside my mac sierra just to run comicrack ans associate programs) in favour of a mac only app. Nowadays that isn't yet possible, but maybe in the future it will happen.

Anyway, thanks and keep up the good work. As we say in portuguese
"Boas leituras"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bedetheque Scrapper and library organizer 7 years 5 months ago #2632

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi nfp,

thanks for the input. While Luis is the project leader, he's not entirely alone in the effort to improve YACReader. I myself am a regular code contributor and there's also other people who have contributed patches and translations.

Generally adding some metadata import code for our competitors to YACReaderLibrary should be doable if the formats used are properly documented. If we have to do reverse engineering though the chances are a lot slimmer that there will be support for it. Even so we still need to find time for it ;)

As for additional scraper support, I see two problems here. First one - Bedetheque is a website. That means we don't have a stable api as we have with ComicVine and this in turn means things can break at any time leading to a non-functional scraper. The second problem is closely tied to the first one - legal status. Comicrack's Bedetheque scraper is a third-party plugin, so the author of Comicrack is not legally responsible for it. YACReaderLibrary's scraper is a stock feature, so there is responsibilty. We need to be sure scraping Bedetheque is legally OK before working on stuff like this. Think DDOS, think copyright infringement.
We had a similiar problem with ComicVine. Earlier versions of YACReader were shipped with Luis' ComicVine Api key and ComicVine restricted the amount of requests per user so the scraper stopped working.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by selmf.
The administrator has disabled public write access.