Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Scrolling Too Sensitive & Arrows Too Fast (Mac)

Scrolling Too Sensitive & Arrows Too Fast (Mac) 7 years 5 months ago #2645

Blair

Fresh Boarder

Trackpad
It would be great if the trackpad scrolling in YacReader would match the trackpad setting on my Macbook. Right now I find the YacReaders trackpad scrolling to be way too sensitive and fast. I have to be so gentle with it so it doesn't fly to the bottom of the page or turn to the next page altogether.

Is there a way to adjust the trackpad setting in YacReader on a Macbook? If not I would think this would be something useful to look into adding.

Arrow Keys
On the flip side, since I found the trackpad too sensitive, I tried the Up and Down arrows keys, but I find these are way too slow :)

Currently I'm happy using Simple Comic (dancingtortoise.com/simplecomic/) because it does these two things perfectly. But I really want to use YacLibrary because it keeps all my comics organized in one place. I just find the YacReader to be a bit jarring when it comes to actually reading comics.

Otherwise great combo app - keep up the great work!

Thanks for your time.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Blair.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scrolling Too Sensitive & Arrows Too Fast (Mac) 7 years 5 months ago #2647

Blair

Fresh Boarder

. . . Maybe a better way to describe the sensitive scrolling I'm talking about is, it seems the trackpad scrolling is on some kind of auto scrolling like what the space bar does, which jumps to the top and bottom of the page.

If the trackpad in YacReader could be set to react like the scrolling does in the YacLibrary, this would be fantastic and solve the issue!

Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Blair.

Scrolling Too Sensitive & Arrows Too Fast (Mac) 7 years 5 months ago #2650

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

As fas as I know we don't have any trackpad specific code in YACReader, so there's no way to adjust the behavior. Yes, the arrow key scrolling could be improved, for example a setting where one could adjust the number of pixels a key press actually scrolls would be nice. I'll add it to my TODO-List (which is already huge ;) ).

Until then you can try to use the Page Up/Page Down buttons instead of the arrow keys for scrolling.

PS: In case you are wondering why I am answering you and not Luis - I am the "other guy" regularily writing code for YACReader and Luis is quite busy these days …
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by selmf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blair

Scrolling Too Sensitive & Arrows Too Fast (Mac) 7 years 4 months ago #2718

skrimaging

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 4

I agree that trackpad scrolling has become unusable as it essentially tries to mimic the space bar scroll animation.. I don'T use the arrow keys aswell as it is moving really slowly.. most of the times, I just give up and transfer the comic to my iPAd and just read them there..

Hope that the trackpad 2 finger panning can be fixed to be more smooth. right now, a slight flick gesture can move my page directly to the end.. sometimes a little too fast and it jumps 2 pages.

I also wish we could pinch to zoom in Yac Reader for mac.

keep up the great work guys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blair

Scrolling Too Sensitive & Arrows Too Fast (Mac) 7 years 1 month ago #3026

Blair

Fresh Boarder

Still hoping the trackpad can be slowed downed, and the arrow keys made smoother and faster?