- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
If you know how to improve YACReader, please tell me your ideas.
Scrolling Too Sensitive & Arrows Too Fast (Mac)
- Blair
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #2645
by Blair
Scrolling Too Sensitive & Arrows Too Fast (Mac) was created by Blair
Trackpad
It would be great if the trackpad scrolling in YacReader would match the trackpad setting on my Macbook. Right now I find the YacReaders trackpad scrolling to be way too sensitive and fast. I have to be so gentle with it so it doesn't fly to the bottom of the page or turn to the next page altogether.
Is there a way to adjust the trackpad setting in YacReader on a Macbook? If not I would think this would be something useful to look into adding.
Arrow Keys
On the flip side, since I found the trackpad too sensitive, I tried the Up and Down arrows keys, but I find these are way too slow
Currently I'm happy using Simple Comic ( dancingtortoise.com/simplecomic/ ) because it does these two things perfectly. But I really want to use YacLibrary because it keeps all my comics organized in one place. I just find the YacReader to be a bit jarring when it comes to actually reading comics.
Otherwise great combo app - keep up the great work!
Thanks for your time.
It would be great if the trackpad scrolling in YacReader would match the trackpad setting on my Macbook. Right now I find the YacReaders trackpad scrolling to be way too sensitive and fast. I have to be so gentle with it so it doesn't fly to the bottom of the page or turn to the next page altogether.
Is there a way to adjust the trackpad setting in YacReader on a Macbook? If not I would think this would be something useful to look into adding.
Arrow Keys
On the flip side, since I found the trackpad too sensitive, I tried the Up and Down arrows keys, but I find these are way too slow
Currently I'm happy using Simple Comic ( dancingtortoise.com/simplecomic/ ) because it does these two things perfectly. But I really want to use YacLibrary because it keeps all my comics organized in one place. I just find the YacReader to be a bit jarring when it comes to actually reading comics.
Otherwise great combo app - keep up the great work!
Thanks for your time.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Blair.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Blair
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #2647
by Blair
Replied by Blair on topic Scrolling Too Sensitive & Arrows Too Fast (Mac)
. . . Maybe a better way to describe the sensitive scrolling I'm talking about is, it seems the trackpad scrolling is on some kind of auto scrolling like what the space bar does, which jumps to the top and bottom of the page.
If the trackpad in YacReader could be set to react like the scrolling does in the YacLibrary, this would be fantastic and solve the issue!
Thanks
If the trackpad in YacReader could be set to react like the scrolling does in the YacLibrary, this would be fantastic and solve the issue!
Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Blair.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #2650
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Scrolling Too Sensitive & Arrows Too Fast (Mac)
As fas as I know we don't have any trackpad specific code in YACReader, so there's no way to adjust the behavior. Yes, the arrow key scrolling could be improved, for example a setting where one could adjust the number of pixels a key press actually scrolls would be nice. I'll add it to my TODO-List (which is already huge
).
Until then you can try to use the Page Up/Page Down buttons instead of the arrow keys for scrolling.
PS: In case you are wondering why I am answering you and not Luis - I am the "other guy" regularily writing code for YACReader and Luis is quite busy these days …
Until then you can try to use the Page Up/Page Down buttons instead of the arrow keys for scrolling.
PS: In case you are wondering why I am answering you and not Luis - I am the "other guy" regularily writing code for YACReader and Luis is quite busy these days …
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by selmf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blair
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- skrimaging
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 4
9 years 9 months ago #2718
by skrimaging
Replied by skrimaging on topic Scrolling Too Sensitive & Arrows Too Fast (Mac)
I agree that trackpad scrolling has become unusable as it essentially tries to mimic the space bar scroll animation.. I don'T use the arrow keys aswell as it is moving really slowly.. most of the times, I just give up and transfer the comic to my iPAd and just read them there..
Hope that the trackpad 2 finger panning can be fixed to be more smooth. right now, a slight flick gesture can move my page directly to the end.. sometimes a little too fast and it jumps 2 pages.
I also wish we could pinch to zoom in Yac Reader for mac.
keep up the great work guys!
Hope that the trackpad 2 finger panning can be fixed to be more smooth. right now, a slight flick gesture can move my page directly to the end.. sometimes a little too fast and it jumps 2 pages.
I also wish we could pinch to zoom in Yac Reader for mac.
keep up the great work guys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blair
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Blair
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 7 months ago #3026
by Blair
Replied by Blair on topic Scrolling Too Sensitive & Arrows Too Fast (Mac)
Still hoping the trackpad can be slowed downed, and the arrow keys made smoother and faster?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel