- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 2
Help and support for Android users
Create a library without connecting to a server
- Tomandandy
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 6 months ago #8271
by Tomandandy
Create a library without connecting to a server was created by Tomandandy
Hello,
I just bought the YACReader app for my Android tablet after using the Windows version on my PC for over a year.
Now I was wondering: Is it also possible to simply transfer the comic files in .cbz format onto my tablet and create a library manually without connecting to any server, just like it's done on PC?
If so, would I need a SD card to do that?
Thanks and kind regards,
Tomandandy
I just bought the YACReader app for my Android tablet after using the Windows version on my PC for over a year.
Now I was wondering: Is it also possible to simply transfer the comic files in .cbz format onto my tablet and create a library manually without connecting to any server, just like it's done on PC?
If so, would I need a SD card to do that?
Thanks and kind regards,
Tomandandy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 6 months ago #8272
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Create a library without connecting to a server
Hi,
no, not yet, but if you already have the windows version connecting to it and transferring comics and folders is really easy.
Starting with 1.5.0 (it is in the beta channel) you'll be able to move the app to a SD card so the imported content is stored there.
no, not yet, but if you already have the windows version connecting to it and transferring comics and folders is really easy.
Starting with 1.5.0 (it is in the beta channel) you'll be able to move the app to a SD card so the imported content is stored there.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tomandandy
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 2
2 years 6 months ago #8273
by Tomandandy
Replied by Tomandandy on topic Create a library without connecting to a server
Thanks for the quick reply!
I just connected the library from my PC version of YACReader, turns out it really was that easy, I just had to update the windows app first.
One more question tho: Since my PC is now technically the server for the tablet app, does that also mean it needs to be turned on so I can read on the tablet? Or is connecting the library once enough and I can now read all my comics with the PC turned off?
I just connected the library from my PC version of YACReader, turns out it really was that easy, I just had to update the windows app first.
One more question tho: Since my PC is now technically the server for the tablet app, does that also mean it needs to be turned on so I can read on the tablet? Or is connecting the library once enough and I can now read all my comics with the PC turned off?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 6 months ago #8274
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Create a library without connecting to a server
It needs to be on, but you can import content to read it offline. Do a long tap -> import.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomandandy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tomandandy
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 2
2 years 6 months ago #8275
by Tomandandy
Replied by Tomandandy on topic Create a library without connecting to a server
Dang, what a convenient feature! I just imported my first manga and will start reading it on my tablet soon, and I didn't even have to plug it into the PC for that.
Thanks for your guidance and also thanks for your continued work on YACReader, it brought me many great hours of reading already - here is to many more!
Thanks for your guidance and also thanks for your continued work on YACReader, it brought me many great hours of reading already - here is to many more!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.