Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Create a library without connecting to a server

Create a library without connecting to a server 1 month 2 weeks ago #8271

Tomandandy

Fresh Boarder

Hello,

I just bought the YACReader app for my Android tablet after using the Windows version on my PC for over a year.

Now I was wondering: Is it also possible to simply transfer the comic files in .cbz format onto my tablet and create a library manually without connecting to any server, just like it's done on PC?
If so, would I need a SD card to do that?

Thanks and kind regards,

Tomandandy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Create a library without connecting to a server 1 month 2 weeks ago #8272

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi,

no, not yet, but if you already have the windows version connecting to it and transferring comics and folders is really easy.

Starting with 1.5.0 (it is in the beta channel) you'll be able to move the app to a SD card so the imported content is stored there.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Create a library without connecting to a server 1 month 2 weeks ago #8273

Tomandandy

Fresh Boarder

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just connected the library from my PC version of YACReader, turns out it really was that easy, I just had to update the windows app first.

One more question tho: Since my PC is now technically the server for the tablet app, does that also mean it needs to be turned on so I can read on the tablet? Or is connecting the library once enough and I can now read all my comics with the PC turned off?

Create a library without connecting to a server 1 month 2 weeks ago #8274

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

It needs to be on, but you can import content to read it offline. Do a long tap -> import.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomandandy

Create a library without connecting to a server 1 month 2 weeks ago #8275

Tomandandy

Fresh Boarder

Dang, what a convenient feature! I just imported my first manga and will start reading it on my tablet soon, and I didn't even have to plug it into the PC for that.

Thanks for your guidance and also thanks for your continued work on YACReader, it brought me many great hours of reading already - here is to many more!