- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Android users
Looking for *BASIC HELP* in Downloading Files from Windows 11 to Android Tablet
- Tom Sr.
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
1 week 2 days ago #10305
by Tom Sr.
Looking for *BASIC HELP* in Downloading Files from Windows 11 to Android Tablet was created by Tom Sr.
I posted an introduction to myself over a week ago about getting a Samsung Galaxy Tablet A11+ so I could read digital comic books on it --- using YACReader, since I have used it on my desktop computer for about two decades. I just *never* liked reading comic books on my desktop pc.
So, I have YACReader for Android installed on it now and I ran it to the point where it said it was time to download files! I stopped there, because I want to be sure I do it correctly!
First off, my desktop is on Windows 11, but I guess (hope!) there would not be a problem loading comic book files from it to the tablet -- and I right it assuming this?
Now, I have never used the Library function on YACR before, so when I put these comic book files on the tablet, I want -- think I will like need, the Library function for them.
I have two folders right now that I want to put on my Android tablet, because these are the comics I really want to read (and in many case *re-read*!).
One folder is of Green Lantern comics which is 26.1 GB in size. The other is of The Legion of Super-Heroes and is 89.4 GB in size. (Guess which comic books are my favorite ones that I have been reading for 65+ years?!)
Now within each of these folders, the comics are all in many individual folders based on title runs and just sequence runs (the Legion comics in particular are divided up by its many, many series -- and just, I got the first issue of its latest run!).
So, can someone explain step-by-step and in-detail how I can transfer these folders from my Windows 11 to my Android tablet in a way that the Library will be able to deal with them and, hopefully, sort them out and put them is some type of order?!
I do suspect I am going to have to do a LOT of the sorting within the Library myself of these 115+ GB of files, but I want to BE SURE I do this correctly from the start!
** THANKS! **

**
So, I have YACReader for Android installed on it now and I ran it to the point where it said it was time to download files! I stopped there, because I want to be sure I do it correctly!
First off, my desktop is on Windows 11, but I guess (hope!) there would not be a problem loading comic book files from it to the tablet -- and I right it assuming this?
Now, I have never used the Library function on YACR before, so when I put these comic book files on the tablet, I want -- think I will like need, the Library function for them.
I have two folders right now that I want to put on my Android tablet, because these are the comics I really want to read (and in many case *re-read*!).
One folder is of Green Lantern comics which is 26.1 GB in size. The other is of The Legion of Super-Heroes and is 89.4 GB in size. (Guess which comic books are my favorite ones that I have been reading for 65+ years?!)
Now within each of these folders, the comics are all in many individual folders based on title runs and just sequence runs (the Legion comics in particular are divided up by its many, many series -- and just, I got the first issue of its latest run!).
So, can someone explain step-by-step and in-detail how I can transfer these folders from my Windows 11 to my Android tablet in a way that the Library will be able to deal with them and, hopefully, sort them out and put them is some type of order?!
I do suspect I am going to have to do a LOT of the sorting within the Library myself of these 115+ GB of files, but I want to BE SURE I do this correctly from the start!
** THANKS! **
**
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 week 1 day ago #10306
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Looking for *BASIC HELP* in Downloading Files from Windows 11 to Android Tablet
First thing to do is open YACReaderLibrary and create your library. Create a library in the top folder that contains all your comics. The library will replicate the structure you already have. After this you need to keep your library updated when you make changes on your disk. I assume you have some organization already that works for you, so you probably don’t need to do anything
After that check the android user manual to learn how to connect the android app to the library.
After that check the android user manual to learn how to connect the android app to the library.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.