- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 3
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
iPad Storage available + Library Sync (back)
- cloudy
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 9 months ago #3541
by cloudy
iPad Storage available + Library Sync (back) was created by cloudy
I'm sure this has been covered already somewhere, but after reading the help, FAQ and browsing the forum I still can't get a clear idea.
Because my iPad can't fit my whole library, I would like to import a few comics at a time, and then delete them when I've read them ()partially or fully).
Also, but not less important, I do all my reading/deleting offline (I read while commuting).
When finally I get back browsing my library, I expect it to receive all the data generated on my iPad while offline about the status of the comics I synced earlier (what I've read, fully or not, what page I left a comic etc...), so that I should be able at any time to:
- exclude fully read comics from search/browse
- re-download a comic unfinished and start exactly where I left
From my understanding, YacReader for IOS doesn't work this way, at least not yet.
Could anyone confirm or rectify if I'm wrong?
P.S.: I also would like to report a little bug on YacLibrary: the covers aren't correctly shown for most of my library. I think it's because it tries to crop and resize them, which results in a very weird covers, at least for me
btw... definitely the fast app I've used so far, kudos on that
Because my iPad can't fit my whole library, I would like to import a few comics at a time, and then delete them when I've read them ()partially or fully).
Also, but not less important, I do all my reading/deleting offline (I read while commuting).
When finally I get back browsing my library, I expect it to receive all the data generated on my iPad while offline about the status of the comics I synced earlier (what I've read, fully or not, what page I left a comic etc...), so that I should be able at any time to:
- exclude fully read comics from search/browse
- re-download a comic unfinished and start exactly where I left
From my understanding, YacReader for IOS doesn't work this way, at least not yet.
Could anyone confirm or rectify if I'm wrong?
P.S.: I also would like to report a little bug on YacLibrary: the covers aren't correctly shown for most of my library. I think it's because it tries to crop and resize them, which results in a very weird covers, at least for me
btw... definitely the fast app I've used so far, kudos on that
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- EqnX
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 6 months ago #3818
by EqnX
Replied by EqnX on topic iPad Storage available + Library Sync (back)
This is exactly my problem too. For now I’ve resorted to updating the data by hand on my desktop but would love to see it work this way.
Am wonderling what the “sync” feature does do?
Am wonderling what the “sync” feature does do?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 6 months ago #3819
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iPad Storage available + Library Sync (back)
The sync feature syncs the read progress back to YACReaderLibrary. Are you importing the comics using YACReaderLibrary?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- EqnX
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 6 months ago #3820
by EqnX
Replied by EqnX on topic iPad Storage available + Library Sync (back)
Oké, this is how I’m running it atm.
I’ve got an nas running OMV with the headless server in a docker.
My desktop connnects to is through a shared folder with the library in it. That works fine. Everything i read gets tagged accordingly.
As a second/third device i have an ipad/iphone with the app. If i connect to the remote library i can see everything. Read tags and all.
I’ve tried different things including importing the comics to the device itself. Reading there tags and saves progress just fine on the device but it doesn’t sync that back to the server.
I’ve tried connecting/sync through both the local ip aswell as my outside ip.
As far as i can tell permissions should all be good on the server side. But i dont know how the sync is done. Does the app tell the server what has changed or does it try to edit the data on the server itself?
I’ve got an nas running OMV with the headless server in a docker.
My desktop connnects to is through a shared folder with the library in it. That works fine. Everything i read gets tagged accordingly.
As a second/third device i have an ipad/iphone with the app. If i connect to the remote library i can see everything. Read tags and all.
I’ve tried different things including importing the comics to the device itself. Reading there tags and saves progress just fine on the device but it doesn’t sync that back to the server.
I’ve tried connecting/sync through both the local ip aswell as my outside ip.
As far as i can tell permissions should all be good on the server side. But i dont know how the sync is done. Does the app tell the server what has changed or does it try to edit the data on the server itself?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 6 months ago #3821
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iPad Storage available + Library Sync (back)
Well, that sounds like a bug, I'll investigate.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- marz1970
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 7 months ago #5055
by marz1970
Replied by marz1970 on topic iPad Storage available + Library Sync (back)
Hi Cloudy,
Can you tell me how you set up your OMV headless?
The docker is set up, 8080 is mapped to 8088. trying to create/update the library results in this message:
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/comics/.yacreaderlibrary/library.ydb7fec596e9740' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
thanks in advance
Can you tell me how you set up your OMV headless?
The docker is set up, 8080 is mapped to 8088. trying to create/update the library results in this message:
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/comics/.yacreaderlibrary/library.ydb7fec596e9740' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- EqnX
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 7 months ago #5056
by EqnX
Replied by EqnX on topic iPad Storage available + Library Sync (back)
Not sure if its any help but I used to get those too. Altho sometimes it did just work. As far a could find out its an permissions thing. But unfortunately I’m by far not tech-savy enough in Linux to figure it out so I’ve since then switched over to using unraid as os.
Installing the docker there worked like a charm and has been running without any problems with my Ipad and the syncing.
Installing the docker there worked like a charm and has been running without any problems with my Ipad and the syncing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel