- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 3
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
iPad Storage and Sync
- cloudy
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 9 months ago #3542
by cloudy
iPad Storage and Sync was created by cloudy
Hi,
I'm sure this has been covered already, but even after reading the FAQ and the forum I can't get a clear idea.
Because my iPad can't fit my whole library, I usually sync only a few comics at a time, I read them (fully or not) and I delete them.
I do all this while offline, because I mostly read while commuting.
When I finally get back to browsing my library, I'd like for it to learn what's I've done so far (what I read, fully or not etc..), so that I'd be able to exclude - for example - all read comics - or re-download a comic I left on page 36 and start from that page again...
It seems to me that YAC for iOS done's work that way, not yet at least.
Could someone confirm or deny?
Btw, I also would like to report a little bug on YACLibrary: it crops&resizes all my covers, resulting in a very weird looking library... also, it often skip somehow the real cover and show some random page instead....
P.S.: still the fastest App I've encounter so far, so kudos on that
I'm sure this has been covered already, but even after reading the FAQ and the forum I can't get a clear idea.
Because my iPad can't fit my whole library, I usually sync only a few comics at a time, I read them (fully or not) and I delete them.
I do all this while offline, because I mostly read while commuting.
When I finally get back to browsing my library, I'd like for it to learn what's I've done so far (what I read, fully or not etc..), so that I'd be able to exclude - for example - all read comics - or re-download a comic I left on page 36 and start from that page again...
It seems to me that YAC for iOS done's work that way, not yet at least.
Could someone confirm or deny?
Btw, I also would like to report a little bug on YACLibrary: it crops&resizes all my covers, resulting in a very weird looking library... also, it often skip somehow the real cover and show some random page instead....
P.S.: still the fastest App I've encounter so far, so kudos on that
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 9 months ago #3545
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iPad Storage and Sync
Hi,
Is the sync button working? You should be able to sync back to YACReaderLibrary the reading progress.
And yes, the progress should be imported to YACReader for iOS, I have tested it right now and it is not working. So thanks for reporting.
Filtering while browsing (f.e. to avoid read comics) has not been implemented yet. A new version of the server is being implemented and the iOS browser is going to be redone, now it is web based and it will be totally native in the future. So I am not improving the current implementation, new features have to wait until these tasks will be done. I can't give you an ETA yet.
The short* term roadmap is:
*Please, take "short" with a pinch of salt, I don't know how long is going to take.
About the covers, could I see a screenshot, if you don't want to publish it here, please send it to me by e-mail. Covers in the grid view are cropped to fit, but it shouldn't look that bad, I just want to confirm that this is not a bug.
At least is fast
Is the sync button working? You should be able to sync back to YACReaderLibrary the reading progress.
And yes, the progress should be imported to YACReader for iOS, I have tested it right now and it is not working. So thanks for reporting.
Filtering while browsing (f.e. to avoid read comics) has not been implemented yet. A new version of the server is being implemented and the iOS browser is going to be redone, now it is web based and it will be totally native in the future. So I am not improving the current implementation, new features have to wait until these tasks will be done. I can't give you an ETA yet.
The short* term roadmap is:
- Release YACReader 9.0.0, there are some blocking bugs that have to fixed before releasing it.
- Publish a new version of YACReader for iOS to add support for iPhoneX and fix some bugs
- After that I would like to work on the new server/client integration, this is the feature I use most in YACReader for iOS and it needs a big improvement
*Please, take "short" with a pinch of salt, I don't know how long is going to take.
About the covers, could I see a screenshot, if you don't want to publish it here, please send it to me by e-mail. Covers in the grid view are cropped to fit, but it shouldn't look that bad, I just want to confirm that this is not a bug.
cloudy wrote: P.S.: still the fastest App I've encounter so far, so kudos on that
At least is fast
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- cloudy
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 3
8 years 8 months ago #3551
by cloudy
Replied by cloudy on topic iPad Storage and Sync
Hi,
I'm glad I could be of help
About the screenshot, I'll send it asap, as I don't have it at hand right now.
Basically, I believe the culprit is that I mostly have comics in 4/3, and the grid seems to adapt to the american comic book format (Marvel, DC etc...), which is taller and thinner. Also, some of my comics have covers composed by both back and front cover, resulting in a rectangle leaned on the longest side.
I hope this give you a picture of what I meant, in the meanwhile
keep up the good job!
I'm glad I could be of help
About the screenshot, I'll send it asap, as I don't have it at hand right now.
Basically, I believe the culprit is that I mostly have comics in 4/3, and the grid seems to adapt to the american comic book format (Marvel, DC etc...), which is taller and thinner. Also, some of my comics have covers composed by both back and front cover, resulting in a rectangle leaned on the longest side.
I hope this give you a picture of what I meant, in the meanwhile
keep up the good job!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 8 months ago #3552
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iPad Storage and Sync
Ah, yes, that's the problems 4/3 covers. Well I need to figure out how to handle this.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Klastar
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 4 months ago #4567
by Klastar
Still now syncing back to the ipad, any fix soon ?
Replied by Klastar on topic iPad Storage and Sync
Luis Ángel wrote: Hi,
Is the sync button working? You should be able to sync back to YACReaderLibrary the reading progress.
Still now syncing back to the ipad, any fix soon ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 4 months ago #4572
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iPad Storage and Sync
There are a few bugs around about sync back, is it not working at all?
a new release is on its way, it needs some work yet
a new release is on its way, it needs some work yet
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel