Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3644

Shad0reavR

Fresh Boarder

Trying to import a comic on my iPad is hanging or failing without completing the copy. On my iPad, I select a comic from my library and click 'import.' Sometimes the status will go from 'import' to 'importing' and hang in that state for over an hour without throwing any exception or completing the copy. Other times the status will go from 'import' to 'importing' and back to 'import' without exception or completing the copy. This started one day and I haven't been able to successfully import anything since. Haven't been able to identify anything that changed.

Here's a brief description of my current setup. My iPad is connecting via wireless network to the main instance of YAC on my laptop, which is running macOS Sierra 10.12.6. My library on that main instance is pointed to an external hard drive which holds all of the files in my library.

I've noticed that sometimes the laptop instance crashes when I try to access the library from the iPad. This is very intermittent and I haven't been able to identify a pattern nor capture any error messages. Is there a log for the macOS/iOS version of YAC? I haven't been able to locate one.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3647

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

For some reason using an external hard drive or a NAS in macos causes this kind of behavior. I couldn't replicate at all in my setup. Thank you very much for the detailed description of the problem, as soon as I will be able to replicate this I will release a fix.

Could you try to create a test library in your internal hard disk and see if you can replicate the problem?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3648

Shad0reavR

Fresh Boarder

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I just created a test library (six files) pointed to a folder on my desktop. When trying to import from my iPad, I experience the same indefinite hanging. Any logs you would want me to pull?

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3651

Luis Ángel

Administrator

What version of YACReader are you using? Could you test the 9.0 rc? www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/1059-yac...-0?limitstart=0#3337
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3652

Shad0reavR

Fresh Boarder

What's the easiest way to check current version? It isn't displayed in the normal places.

I'll try installing and trying to replicate on the 9.0 RC. Stay tuned!

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3653

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Click the question mark ("?") and look into the "about" section. Lots of outdated info there, but the version is usually accurate :cheer:
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3662

Pfantom

Senior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I have been experiencing similar problems for some time now with no solution in sight. I have moved all of my files to a separate external drive and rebuilt the library. That did not work. I created a test folder on my main drive and still received the import error message. This is beyond frustrating since I obviously want this to work. Otherwise I wouldn't have paid for it.

Any ideas...?

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3663

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Pfantom wrote:
I have been experiencing similar problems for some time now with no solution in sight. I have moved all of my files to a separate external drive and rebuilt the library. That did not work. I created a test folder on my main drive and still received the import error message. This is beyond frustrating since I obviously want this to work. Otherwise I wouldn't have paid for it.

Any ideas...?

Did you try with yacreader 9.0? www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/1059-yac...-0?limitstart=0#3337

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3664

Pfantom

Senior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

This has been going on since October of last year. Yes, I have tried 9.0. I have also tried three different free comic book readers and all three were able to import and display the same comics that I cannot get YACReader to import. I can read them in the YACReader Library, but that is the extent of my ability to do anything productive with them. Since I have no plans to carry my iMac around, I would really like to solve this issue.

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3665

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Pfantom wrote:
This has been going on since October of last year. Yes, I have tried 9.0. I have also tried three different free comic book readers and all three were able to import and display the same comics that I cannot get YACReader to import. I can read them in the YACReader Library, but that is the extent of my ability to do anything productive with them. Since I have no plans to carry my iMac around, I would really like to solve this issue.

Could you send some of those comics? Use the contact section in this web, I will try to import them and seem what is going on...