- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Remote Library connects but doesn't show anything
- gmickd
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 3 months ago #4045
by gmickd
Remote Library connects but doesn't show anything was created by gmickd
I was able to connect both my iPhone and my iPad to my PC using the QR code from the YACReaderLibrary, but when I click browse on the app, there is only a blank white screen. I can reload but nothing appears. I have a few cbr and cbz files uploaded to the YACReaderLibrary and have opened all firewalls for both the YACReaderLibrary and YACreaderLibraryServer executables.
Is there something that I need to do to make the files appear in the Remote Library window?
Thanks,
Geoff
Is there something that I need to do to make the files appear in the Remote Library window?
Thanks,
Geoff
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 3 months ago #4047
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Remote Library connects but doesn't show anything
No, you just need to keep the library in YACReaderLibrary updated.
Open a web browser in the computer you are running YACReaderLibrary and enter its IP and the port number you can see in the server dialog (the dialog containing the QR code). Can you browse the library there?
Open a web browser in the computer you are running YACReaderLibrary and enter its IP and the port number you can see in the server dialog (the dialog containing the QR code). Can you browse the library there?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- gmickd
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #4048
by gmickd
Replied by gmickd on topic Remote Library connects but doesn't show anything
I am able to connect to localhost:[port] and [localip]:[port] but I get a blank white screen there. It looks like the network side of things is OK, but YACReader is not serving up any content.
When I run netstat -na | find [port] I get the following:
Proto Internal Address Foreign Address Status
TCP 0.0.0.0:[port] 0.0.0.0:0 Listening
TCP [::]:[port] [::]:0 Listening
note: localip and port info have been scrubbed.
When I run netstat -na | find [port] I get the following:
Proto Internal Address Foreign Address Status
TCP 0.0.0.0:[port] 0.0.0.0:0 Listening
TCP [::]:[port] [::]:0 Listening
note: localip and port info have been scrubbed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 3 months ago #4049
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Remote Library connects but doesn't show anything
What version are you using 9.0.0? Windows?
Check for a "server" folder the installation directory. Is it there?
Did you try to reinstall YACReader?
Check for a "server" folder the installation directory. Is it there?
Did you try to reinstall YACReader?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- gmickd
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #4051
by gmickd
Replied by gmickd on topic Remote Library connects but doesn't show anything
Windows 10 and version 9.0.0.
I've reinstalled and verified that there is content in the server directory (docroot and templates).
Is there a way I can print out some logs to see what is going on?
I've reinstalled and verified that there is content in the server directory (docroot and templates).
Is there a way I can print out some logs to see what is going on?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 3 months ago #4052
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Remote Library connects but doesn't show anything
You can check the logs in this folder:
Enabling different log levels is a feature coming after YACReader 9.5.0.
You can try the new versions and see if the problem persists, they are going to be released soon: www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/1172-yac...acreader-3-0-for-ios
Code:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary
Enabling different log levels is a feature coming after YACReader 9.5.0.
You can try the new versions and see if the problem persists, they are going to be released soon: www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/1172-yac...acreader-3-0-for-ios
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- gmickd
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #4053
by gmickd
Replied by gmickd on topic Remote Library connects but doesn't show anything
Well I found the cause of the error.
This is what I found in the log file:
TemplateCache: cannot find template libraries_ipad
I opened the YACReaderLibarary.ini file and found that the template and docroot paths were incorrect. Once I fixed those the program worked.
The root cause of the error was that I had downloaded the 9.5.0 version from the github site but then realized that it wasn't a release version so I deleted the 9.5.0 version and installed the release version from the yacreader.com site. However, the YACReaderLibrary.ini file did not update to reflect the change to the install location. It was still pointing to the beta version location which didn't exist anymore.
This is what I found in the log file:
TemplateCache: cannot find template libraries_ipad
I opened the YACReaderLibarary.ini file and found that the template and docroot paths were incorrect. Once I fixed those the program worked.
The root cause of the error was that I had downloaded the 9.5.0 version from the github site but then realized that it wasn't a release version so I deleted the 9.5.0 version and installed the release version from the yacreader.com site. However, the YACReaderLibrary.ini file did not update to reflect the change to the install location. It was still pointing to the beta version location which didn't exist anymore.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 3 months ago #4054
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Remote Library connects but doesn't show anything
Great!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel