- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library
- lrdwlmr
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 3 months ago #4055
by lrdwlmr
Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library was created by lrdwlmr
I just upgraded to 3.0 on my iPad and 9.5.0 on my desktop, and I can't connect. When I navigate to the IP and port in my browser, I can access my library, but when I try to connect using the same IP and port on my iPad, the connection times out.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 3 months ago #4060
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library
That sounds like a network problem. I would say that the firewall is blocking the 9.5.0 YACReaderLibrary.exe
Are you using Windows?
Are you using Windows?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- lrdwlmr
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #4061
by lrdwlmr
Replied by lrdwlmr on topic Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library
That was it! I got into the Windows firewall settings and it was blocked. It's working perfectly now. Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 3 months ago #4063
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library
Great!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Pfantom
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 61
- Thank you received: 1
8 years 1 month ago #4202
by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library
After initially experiencing no issues with the upgraded MacOS and IOS software, I can no longer access the library via the IOS application. When I use the server data via a browser on either mu iMac or my iPad, I am able to access the library. There have been no changes to my firewalls, and after double-checking them, YACReader is not blocked.
This is very frustrating.
This is very frustrating.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 1 month ago #4204
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library
Are you sure that the connection data in the iOS device is the right one? Double check specially the Port.
The only reason for this is a network problem, every time I get report about a problem like this is the network or something related to connection data. What version of iOS are you using?
The only reason for this is a network problem, every time I get report about a problem like this is the network or something related to connection data. What version of iOS are you using?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Pfantom
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 61
- Thank you received: 1
8 years 1 month ago #4205
by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library
I am using IOS 11.4.1. I verified the port mapping as well. I tried both typing in the server data as well as using the QR Reader. I also tried to use the other two server addresses that were available in the MacOS application. None of this worked.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Pfantom
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 61
- Thank you received: 1
8 years 1 month ago #4206
by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library
I can get to the folder selection screen (Browse: Folders, Reading Lists, Favorites, Tags), but when I select "Folders", I get the following "Error The request timed out"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 1 month ago #4207
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library
Can you create a test library in your desktop and then try with that library? Let me know if that works, if it does I am going to need some files from you to see what is going on.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Pfantom
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 61
- Thank you received: 1
8 years 1 month ago #4213
by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library
After creating a test library on my desktop and within the existing library, I observed that they both worked fine. So I deleted my old library which was located in the root of my external drive and created a main folder in which I moved all of the series folders into. After updating the new library everything appears to be working for now. Previously, I had been deleting and creating new libraries in the root of the drive with no success.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel