- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
iOS Reading List Import Order Questions
- BionicTibia
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #4194
by BionicTibia
iOS Reading List Import Order Questions was created by BionicTibia
Just started rereading a bunch of stuff from my youth and more recent titles after getting YACReader set up on the PC and iPad and really loving the overall experience.
I have a couple of Reading lists on the server that are the correct chronology reading order of various related titles. I can browse to them on the iPad and import them no problem. If I'm reading on wifi locally to the server, they read in the order of the reading list with no issues, even when the list crosses between issues in different folders.
When I look at a batch that I imported from the server reading list in the local iPad library, they are there, grouped in a folder named for the reading list they came from, but they are not in the reading list order...instead they are alphabetical by file name...Am I missing a setting or step to have them on the iPad local storage in the reading order from the reading list?
I don't really want to alter the actual book file names just for the purpose of reading this arc across books in order.
For now, my workaround is a screen shot of the reading list view from the server showing the right order and then navigating in the local file list to the right comic, but that's clunky.
Hope this makes sense! Thanks for any insight or guidance.
I have a couple of Reading lists on the server that are the correct chronology reading order of various related titles. I can browse to them on the iPad and import them no problem. If I'm reading on wifi locally to the server, they read in the order of the reading list with no issues, even when the list crosses between issues in different folders.
When I look at a batch that I imported from the server reading list in the local iPad library, they are there, grouped in a folder named for the reading list they came from, but they are not in the reading list order...instead they are alphabetical by file name...Am I missing a setting or step to have them on the iPad local storage in the reading order from the reading list?
I don't really want to alter the actual book file names just for the purpose of reading this arc across books in order.
For now, my workaround is a screen shot of the reading list view from the server showing the right order and then navigating in the local file list to the right comic, but that's clunky.
Hope this makes sense! Thanks for any insight or guidance.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by BionicTibia. Reason: Typo correction
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 2 months ago #4197
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iOS Reading List Import Order Questions
This is something that needs to be fixed, the current behaviour when importing makes no sense. For now it only works for remote reading.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: alext41, BionicTibia
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BionicTibia
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 2 months ago #4198
by BionicTibia
Replied by BionicTibia on topic iOS Reading List Import Order Questions
Got it. Thanks for clarifying. Hope you’re able to get to it soon, but still a huge fan of the server and app! Thanks so much for developing them!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kabukiq
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 10 months ago #4928
by kabukiq
Replied by kabukiq on topic iOS Reading List Import Order Questions
Any updates on this?
I'm having the same issue.
Just bought an iPad pro 11" 2018 a couple of days ago and purchased Yacreader.
Spent an entire day scraping comics again (was using ComicRack) and then created lists only to find that when I sync my reading lists they are not in the same order to which I have organised on my PC.
Would greatly appreciate an update on this.
Thanks
I'm having the same issue.
Just bought an iPad pro 11" 2018 a couple of days ago and purchased Yacreader.
Spent an entire day scraping comics again (was using ComicRack) and then created lists only to find that when I sync my reading lists they are not in the same order to which I have organised on my PC.
Would greatly appreciate an update on this.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 10 months ago #4930
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iOS Reading List Import Order Questions
It is not ready yet, sorry.
What kind of lists are you creating? I normally don't need lists for anything, I always have my files sorted by name , which I think is really common among users. I use list for mainly for crossovers....
What kind of lists are you creating? I normally don't need lists for anything, I always have my files sorted by name , which I think is really common among users. I use list for mainly for crossovers....
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 10 months ago #4936
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iOS Reading List Import Order Questions
I may have a temporal solution to this problem that will allow me to get it out the door in a few days (until I develop the sorting mechanisms that I want)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: alext41
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BionicTibia
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 10 months ago #4937
by BionicTibia
Replied by BionicTibia on topic iOS Reading List Import Order Questions
That would be grand! I use lists for keeping a particular group of related titles in reading order when the narrative jumps between titles (punisher, punisher war journal, punisher war zone, annuals, etc.) so being able to have the lists that reside on the PC import onto the iPad in the same order would be great. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel