- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Ipad Pro 2k18 update and questions
- lmikey
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
7 years 10 months ago #4349
by lmikey
Ipad Pro 2k18 update and questions was created by lmikey
Hi!
Long time user and fan. Thanks for the new update. Is there any way you can disable the app switcher line at the bottom of the screen after a few seconds on the new ipad pros? It works that way in other apps (like VLC). Right now it covers up art!
Another question:
Now that ipads have become so fast, is it still necessary to import the files and convert them? I notice some other readers (like Chunky) keep the files in the native format which is a lot easier to manage and also allows for easy backups. (I only use the ios yacreader so everything is stored on the ipad.) Is it still necessary to convert the files to your proprietary format?
Also, if backups of the ios comics library continue to be impossible (my only problem with yacreader for ios), would you be able to offer an option of generating a text list of all the files in the ios library that we could print or export? That way, losing an ipad or having it crash would not be so catastrophic.
Happy to discuss. Thanks for a great product!
Long time user and fan. Thanks for the new update. Is there any way you can disable the app switcher line at the bottom of the screen after a few seconds on the new ipad pros? It works that way in other apps (like VLC). Right now it covers up art!
Another question:
Now that ipads have become so fast, is it still necessary to import the files and convert them? I notice some other readers (like Chunky) keep the files in the native format which is a lot easier to manage and also allows for easy backups. (I only use the ios yacreader so everything is stored on the ipad.) Is it still necessary to convert the files to your proprietary format?
Also, if backups of the ios comics library continue to be impossible (my only problem with yacreader for ios), would you be able to offer an option of generating a text list of all the files in the ios library that we could print or export? That way, losing an ipad or having it crash would not be so catastrophic.
Happy to discuss. Thanks for a great product!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 10 months ago #4350
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Ipad Pro 2k18 update and questions
Hi,
yes, I'll hide it in the next update, hopefully in a few days.
There are a lot of users with old iPads (iPad 3), so I am keeping the current behaviour for now.
I always envision YACReader as a reading app, storage is secondary and it just provide the features you need to keep the content you are currently reading. I can't imagine keeping my comics collection in a iOS device, so for me the combo that works is YACReaderLibrary (where I keep all my comics) + YACReader for iOS as reading app.
Thanks for the suggestions.
yes, I'll hide it in the next update, hopefully in a few days.
There are a lot of users with old iPads (iPad 3), so I am keeping the current behaviour for now.
I always envision YACReader as a reading app, storage is secondary and it just provide the features you need to keep the content you are currently reading. I can't imagine keeping my comics collection in a iOS device, so for me the combo that works is YACReaderLibrary (where I keep all my comics) + YACReader for iOS as reading app.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- courtofaudit
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 10 months ago #4353
by courtofaudit
Replied by courtofaudit on topic Ipad Pro 2k18 update and questions
Hi,
my new iPAD Pro has the possibility to store 1TB on the device, so I have my whole collection stored on my iPAD, in the YACReader on my MacBook and a backup of all comics on my NAS. So for me the usability of storing on my ios-device is a matter of fact.
Also thanks from me for this very good product (checked some others before).
Just made my donation😀 to keep it going
my new iPAD Pro has the possibility to store 1TB on the device, so I have my whole collection stored on my iPAD, in the YACReader on my MacBook and a backup of all comics on my NAS. So for me the usability of storing on my ios-device is a matter of fact.
Also thanks from me for this very good product (checked some others before).
Just made my donation😀 to keep it going
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel