- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles
- SudoQueen
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
7 years 10 months ago #4355
by SudoQueen
Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles was created by SudoQueen
Hey all,
I am a Chunky user but I bought YACReader for iOS because I thought maybe it might be superior, but there’s some things holding me back from switching to it from Chunky and I’m not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this feature just isn’t available yet for iOS.
My main thing I’m looking for is a reader that resembles book browsing similar to Marvel Unlimited, even if the Comic isn’t downloaded yet. I am working on getting a static IP and Port Forwarding set up on my PC through my ISP to use that version of the feature, but for now and stuck with using Google Drive.
I use my Google Drive folder as my yacreader metadata folder, or at least I think I do, because YACReader created a folder in it when I set it up on the PC. I started importing Metadata for the comics on my PC, hoping they would show on the iOS version as well. However, in iOS, not only do I not see any of the Metadata that I see on the Windows side, I also only see the file name of the comic instead of the Metadata title.
My OCD makes this unnnaceptable for me to use in this current form. Is there a way to get the metadata imported from the Windows side into the iOS side, and if so, is there a way I can get it to use the comic title from Metadata instead of the file name? I really want to use this app, but I hate seeing horrendous file names.
Also, if I do get a Static IP and port forwarding set up through my ISP (they have a monopoly - have to use their router and won’t let you access the router menu), would this feature already work unlike how it does in Google Drive?
I am a Chunky user but I bought YACReader for iOS because I thought maybe it might be superior, but there’s some things holding me back from switching to it from Chunky and I’m not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this feature just isn’t available yet for iOS.
My main thing I’m looking for is a reader that resembles book browsing similar to Marvel Unlimited, even if the Comic isn’t downloaded yet. I am working on getting a static IP and Port Forwarding set up on my PC through my ISP to use that version of the feature, but for now and stuck with using Google Drive.
I use my Google Drive folder as my yacreader metadata folder, or at least I think I do, because YACReader created a folder in it when I set it up on the PC. I started importing Metadata for the comics on my PC, hoping they would show on the iOS version as well. However, in iOS, not only do I not see any of the Metadata that I see on the Windows side, I also only see the file name of the comic instead of the Metadata title.
My OCD makes this unnnaceptable for me to use in this current form. Is there a way to get the metadata imported from the Windows side into the iOS side, and if so, is there a way I can get it to use the comic title from Metadata instead of the file name? I really want to use this app, but I hate seeing horrendous file names.
Also, if I do get a Static IP and port forwarding set up through my ISP (they have a monopoly - have to use their router and won’t let you access the router menu), would this feature already work unlike how it does in Google Drive?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 10 months ago #4359
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles
The metadata is only transferred when the comics are imported using YACReaderLibrary.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- offby1
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 9 months ago #4387
by offby1
Replied by offby1 on topic Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles
I don't know if I'm missing something, but for me, at least, the title metadata is not importing even when I import from YACReaderLibrary. The issue number and series did, but not the title.
Plus, as you already know, all the issues are in filename order
Plus, as you already know, all the issues are in filename order
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 9 months ago #4394
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles
The iOS app uses the file name for sorting and as the "title", I have to update the behavior to match the desktop app.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Klastar
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 4 months ago #4566
by Klastar
Replied by Klastar on topic Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles
Hello, still waiting for this feature, still in the pipe?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 4 months ago #4573
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles
Yes it is, I have started to work in the changes needed in the ios side.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: dontshootmydog
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dontshootmydog
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 1 month ago #4713
by dontshootmydog
Replied by dontshootmydog on topic Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles
I just started using your app, desktop and iOS. I really love the functionality. Thank you for all the hard work. Was having this same Metadata issue. All metadata seems to transfer EXCEPT file name. Just checking if there is any update on this problem? Thanks again!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 1 month ago #4715
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles
Welcome to the forum. The work is still in progress. But it will come at some point.
Starting next year Apple will stop accepting apps not supporting multitasking, there is an exception and I don't know if YACReader could apply to that to keep working in fullscreen only. So this is kind of pressing right now for the app and I need to take care of it.
Regarding to imports from YACReaderLibrary there are a few things that I want to fix:
1.- import and use number and title.
2.- import reading lists keeping the right order for the issues.
3.- import comics keeping the read status (as an option).
4.- full reding progress sync YACReader for iOS <-> YACReaderLibrary.
1 & 2 require some changes in the infraestructure.
I know this is long overdue, but I am doing my best to have it ASAP.
BTW, dontshootmydog, messages need to be approved before they are displayed (I deleted the duplicated post).
Starting next year Apple will stop accepting apps not supporting multitasking, there is an exception and I don't know if YACReader could apply to that to keep working in fullscreen only. So this is kind of pressing right now for the app and I need to take care of it.
Regarding to imports from YACReaderLibrary there are a few things that I want to fix:
1.- import and use number and title.
2.- import reading lists keeping the right order for the issues.
3.- import comics keeping the read status (as an option).
4.- full reding progress sync YACReader for iOS <-> YACReaderLibrary.
1 & 2 require some changes in the infraestructure.
I know this is long overdue, but I am doing my best to have it ASAP.
BTW, dontshootmydog, messages need to be approved before they are displayed (I deleted the duplicated post).
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel