- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 6
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
How to add comics to iPad?
- danhackley
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
7 years 9 months ago #4365
by danhackley
How to add comics to iPad? was created by danhackley
I have YacReaderLibrary on my Mac and just added some comics from my NAS. I just bought YACReader for my iPad.
I'm struggling to figure out how to transfer comics across though. The most intuitive thing would be able to right-click a comic or folder in the YacReaderLibrary and select transfer to iPad, though this does not seem possible.
On the IPad I selected the import icon at the bottom, and then the second (nameless) icon on the left hand side. This looks like I should be able to browse my YacReaderLibrary from my iPad, and hopefully add some comics. When I select it however and then click browse, it says "connecting" and after about 15 seconds comes up with a dialogue box asking me to "Enter YACReader connection server data". At the bottom it says "You can find your computer IP and Port on YACReaderLibrary server configuration dialog". Unhelpfully, it does not tell me where to find this configuration dialogue. I could not find it in the YACReaderLibrary app at all!
So far, this is disappointingly unintuitive. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
I'm struggling to figure out how to transfer comics across though. The most intuitive thing would be able to right-click a comic or folder in the YacReaderLibrary and select transfer to iPad, though this does not seem possible.
On the IPad I selected the import icon at the bottom, and then the second (nameless) icon on the left hand side. This looks like I should be able to browse my YacReaderLibrary from my iPad, and hopefully add some comics. When I select it however and then click browse, it says "connecting" and after about 15 seconds comes up with a dialogue box asking me to "Enter YACReader connection server data". At the bottom it says "You can find your computer IP and Port on YACReaderLibrary server configuration dialog". Unhelpfully, it does not tell me where to find this configuration dialogue. I could not find it in the YACReaderLibrary app at all!
So far, this is disappointingly unintuitive. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 9 months ago #4367
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How to add comics to iPad?
In YACReaderLibrary there a few buttons in the top toolbar, one of those opens the server dialog you are looking for.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: danhackley
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- danhackley
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 6
7 years 9 months ago #4368
by danhackley
Replied by danhackley on topic How to add comics to iPad?
Many thanks, and please excuse my lack of ability! I'll try to look harder next time!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel