Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: How to add comics to iPad?

How to add comics to iPad? 5 years 4 months ago #4365

danhackley

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 6

I have YacReaderLibrary on my Mac and just added some comics from my NAS. I just bought YACReader for my iPad.

I'm struggling to figure out how to transfer comics across though. The most intuitive thing would be able to right-click a comic or folder in the YacReaderLibrary and select transfer to iPad, though this does not seem possible.

On the IPad I selected the import icon at the bottom, and then the second (nameless) icon on the left hand side. This looks like I should be able to browse my YacReaderLibrary from my iPad, and hopefully add some comics. When I select it however and then click browse, it says "connecting" and after about 15 seconds comes up with a dialogue box asking me to "Enter YACReader connection server data". At the bottom it says "You can find your computer IP and Port on YACReaderLibrary server configuration dialog". Unhelpfully, it does not tell me where to find this configuration dialogue. I could not find it in the YACReaderLibrary app at all!

So far, this is disappointingly unintuitive. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to add comics to iPad? 5 years 4 months ago #4367

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

In YACReaderLibrary there a few buttons in the top toolbar, one of those opens the server dialog you are looking for.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: danhackley

How to add comics to iPad? 5 years 4 months ago #4368

danhackley

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 6

Many thanks, and please excuse my lack of ability! I'll try to look harder next time!