- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
How view metadata and a UX question
- foghat
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
7 years 3 months ago #4594
by foghat
How view metadata and a UX question was created by foghat
Hi,
I have a few questions about viewing metadata/behavior in the iOS app. I have added the metadata from comic vine via yacreader library
1. how do you actually view metadata for a comic in iOS app? I've imported from yacreader library. If I long press a comic and select edit, I can see the metadata, but surely there is a way to view metadata per comic other than by editing?
2. Somewhat related: if from my Library I go into a series, the first issue is 'called out' at the top, metadata is displayed for that issue and there is a 'Read' call to action. Underneath all the other comics in the series are shown.
I would have thought that selecting one of the comics underneath would have updated the top section with the selected comic and its metadata. Instead, the comic just opens. Is this expected behavior? It seems counter-intuitive.
Similarly, I noticed in the yacreader library (win 10), in this same view, selecting a comic underneath does not open it, but it too does not update the top part with the currently selected comic.
Overall, yacreader seems quite polished, but being able to view metadata eludes me.
I have a few questions about viewing metadata/behavior in the iOS app. I have added the metadata from comic vine via yacreader library
1. how do you actually view metadata for a comic in iOS app? I've imported from yacreader library. If I long press a comic and select edit, I can see the metadata, but surely there is a way to view metadata per comic other than by editing?
2. Somewhat related: if from my Library I go into a series, the first issue is 'called out' at the top, metadata is displayed for that issue and there is a 'Read' call to action. Underneath all the other comics in the series are shown.
I would have thought that selecting one of the comics underneath would have updated the top section with the selected comic and its metadata. Instead, the comic just opens. Is this expected behavior? It seems counter-intuitive.
Similarly, I noticed in the yacreader library (win 10), in this same view, selecting a comic underneath does not open it, but it too does not update the top part with the currently selected comic.
Overall, yacreader seems quite polished, but being able to view metadata eludes me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 3 months ago #4600
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How view metadata and a UX question
1. No, that's all. That's the original UI and I didn't have time to improve it yet, but I have some ideas for future releases.
2. Yes, that's the expected behavior, because the top banner is about the next/current comic in that series.
In YACReaderLibrary, you have an additional view that does what you want, look in the bottom-right corner, next to the slider there is a button, click on it and a view will appear on the right side of the window, that view will show the metadata of the selected cover. Again, the top banner shows the next/current comic.
2. Yes, that's the expected behavior, because the top banner is about the next/current comic in that series.
In YACReaderLibrary, you have an additional view that does what you want, look in the bottom-right corner, next to the slider there is a button, click on it and a view will appear on the right side of the window, that view will show the metadata of the selected cover. Again, the top banner shows the next/current comic.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- foghat
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 3 months ago #4607
by foghat
Replied by foghat on topic How view metadata and a UX question
Hi,
Got it. I saw the view on YACReaderLibrary that does what I want, but I never read on my computer. Just iPad.
Would be awesome if you added more metadata support to the iOS app. The two biggies that stand out for me is:
1. As mentioned, a better way to view metadata for a given comic. From both within library and when reading a comic.
2. Using metadata to sort and group comics.
Got it. I saw the view on YACReaderLibrary that does what I want, but I never read on my computer. Just iPad.
Would be awesome if you added more metadata support to the iOS app. The two biggies that stand out for me is:
1. As mentioned, a better way to view metadata for a given comic. From both within library and when reading a comic.
2. Using metadata to sort and group comics.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 3 months ago #4608
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How view metadata and a UX question
2. Requires a lot of work, I would like to add more flexibility in how comics are organized but we will see if I have time for it.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: foghat
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- danhackley
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 6
2 years 11 months ago #7929
by danhackley
Replied by danhackley on topic How view metadata and a UX question
It would be great to be able to view the comic metadata! Going into "edit" to see it is not a good way. Also, in the edit window it just says "click to overwrite" instead of showing the metadata. A metadata panel, ideally on the right side of the screen, would be excellent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel, stevethebuff
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel