Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Can't browse server

Can't browse server 4 years 6 months ago #4904

DishpanAlley

Fresh Boarder

I use Windows 10 & just got an iPad. I see my comics in Library no problem (comment: why are folders only visible in the folder browser)? Server is setup and active, at least according to the server settings.

Scanned the barcode in the iPad app. The 'default server' is showing the correct IP address & port. But when I hit 'Browse' nothing happens, the Library page stays blank.

If I try to go to 192.168.1.215:57131 it tries for a bit and then shows the error

'The connection has timed out

The server at 192.168.1.215 is taking too long to respond.'

I thought maybe it was a firewall issue so I set a rule in Windows Firewall to allow tcp traffic in AND out of port 57131 on private networks, and then restarted my computer.

Why isn't this working? (And why aren't folders visible in the grid view?)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't browse server 4 years 6 months ago #4906

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Wrong subforum...this is for problems with the forum.

connection problems are always because the wrong data being used or the firewall.

Try this:

* Open the server settings dialog and set a port manually, close YACReaderLibrary, open it again and check that the port you set is still being used.
* Use a browser in your windows machine to connect to the server and see if it is working. 127.0.0.1:port
* Disable the firewall completely, just to be sure that it is not the culprit....
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Can't browse server 4 years 6 months ago #4907

DishpanAlley

Fresh Boarder

When I go to http://127.0.0.1:57131 I can see the name of the library folder, and then when clicking on it I can navigate comics. I'll try disabling the firewall and see if that changes anything.

(I notice in the browser that the grid view includes folders...)

Can't browse server 4 years 6 months ago #4908

Luis Ángel

Administrator

The remote brower in iOS uses a grid view with folders and comics, it is a native view and not that web view view you see in the browser.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Can't browse server 4 years 6 months ago #4909

DishpanAlley

Fresh Boarder

Dammit - it was user error. Sorry for wasting your time! In the iPad app when I clicked 'Browse' it went to a page titled Libraries. Under 'Libraries' it says 'Comics' in smaller, unbolded text. That's the name of my library and I didn't think to click it. After clicking it, I see options to browse Folders, etc. And the grid view is showing Folders, which is what I hoped for.

I have a couple more questions:

1) Will YACLibrary start with Windows? I don't see anything for it in Task Manager > Startup.
2) Will it remember the port or does it randomize it each time?
3) When I open something after browsing in the library, it does not get downloaded to the iPad Library - is that correct?

Can't browse server 4 years 6 months ago #4910

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Luis Ángel wrote:
Wrong subforum...this is for problems with the forum.

--> moved
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Can't browse server 4 years 6 months ago #4911

Luis Ángel

Administrator

1) Put a link to YACReaderLibrary here: C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup then in the settings "enable close to system tray" and "start minimized"

2) That only happens if the default port is used by other app, just open the server settings and set any unused port

3) The default action while browsing is "read remotely" and it doesn't use any space in your device. For importing do a long tap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DishpanAlley