Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Confused newbie.

Confused newbie. 4 years 2 months ago #5033

Melmoth

Fresh Boarder

Hi,
Bit confused because on the site it says it's free yet on my ipad in the Apple store it says £2.99!
Also try as I might I can't find anywhere that actually tells me how to transfer cbr. pdf etc. files from my macbook to my ipad.
Can anyone help?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Confused newbie. 4 years 2 months ago #5034

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

The PC and Mac versions are free and open source, the iOS app isn't. Transfer, as far as I know (I don't use the app) is possible via YACReaderLibrary for PC/Mac and iTunes, but Luis (the main programmer) will be able to tell you more.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Confused newbie. 4 years 2 months ago #5035

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Install YACReader from this web in your pc or mac.

Then open YACReaderLibrary and create your comics library.

After that, locate the server config dialog, it is a button next to the settings and help buttons (top toolbar). Finally type http://ip:port (replace ip and port with the values you have in the server dialog) in a web browser in your ios device. If you see your library then you will be able to use the app to transfer your comics that way. Remember to let YACReaderLibrary communicate through the firewall. These are instructions so you can check your setup, if you sre confortable doing this then you will be happy using the ios app.

Other methods are itunes/finder, cloud services or the files app.

As selmf said, the desktop app is free but the ios app is not.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: MioDK

Confused newbie. 4 years 2 months ago #5036

Melmoth

Fresh Boarder

Many thanks Selmf and Luis - I'll have a go at following your very clear instructions, Luis, and let you know what happens!

Confused newbie. 4 years 2 months ago #5037

Melmoth

Fresh Boarder

Right did all that and managed to upload some comics to the server and get them onto the ipad. However every time now I try I can't connect to the server from ipad, it just times out. Any thoughts?
I would do it from itunes but don't know how I can import cbr files into itunes - now there's no app folder on itunes.
Can you advise me re. server connection and how to import using itunes?
Thanks

Confused newbie. 4 years 2 months ago #5038

Melmoth

Fresh Boarder

Just tried to access the server from my laptop - no joy. Very annoying as I had exactly the same problem with ComicFlow - it worked for 5 minutes then the web server was suddenly inaccesible!

Confused newbie. 4 years 2 months ago #5039

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

double check the ip and port used, they have to match in the server and the ios app.

this what you need to do in itunes: www.litsoftware.com/blog/2017/12/12/how-...-itunes-file-sharing

after that open YACReader in your ipad, go to import, and tap the import button in the usb section.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Confused newbie. 4 years 2 months ago #5043

Melmoth

Fresh Boarder

All appears well - thoroughly enjoying the app! It all looks great.
many thanks!