Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Access Google Drive sync folder & other questions

Access Google Drive sync folder & other questions 4 years 2 weeks ago #5117

frenchfilm

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hello,

First of all thank you for this superb app, I've been using it for years, though I haven't really accessed it for 1-2 years for professional reasons (less time to read).

I appreciate some of the improvements, and would like to know ifsome of these are coming? Maybe they're around already

1/ How can one change the thumbnail for a folder (or at least grab the thumbnail of the first comic inside?)

2/ I have uploaded a 8000+ collection of comic books on Google drive, from a synched hard drive at home. So when I get more I just have to drop them on my hard drive, they sync up directly on Google. However, the YAC reader app doesnt allow me to fetch "My Computer" location on Google drive, so I actually have to make a copy of it into my Main Google Drive account, which is a waste of disk storage (twice the amount) but also doesn't automatically sync with my hard drive... Ouch

3/ How can I share access to a specific folder without giving access to my entire Google Drive content? Can we import from a shared folder link? My 8-year old son has a tablet, and I want him to be able to access a specific comic book folder, but not the entire Google Drive content...

4/ Will there ever be a Google Drive add-on so as to be able to read straight from Google Drive and not have to import (which can be complex if your connexion is slow).

Thank you!!

Frederic
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Access Google Drive sync folder & other questions 4 years 2 weeks ago #5118

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

1.- The only options for this are im the settings section, by default the app shows the cover of the first comic..

2.- I think you should be able to sync everything to your drive account from the disk. I will take a look to those special locations i. Google drive.

3.- Share the folders you want with your son, you just need to create an account for him and use that account in his iPad.

4.- That is not really possible, comics are compressed files and they need to be downloaded before they can be opened.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.