Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Dropbox Error

Dropbox Error 9 years 11 months ago #461

sonorousstar

Fresh Boarder

Hi

I have been using YAC Reader since last year and have really been enjoying it.

I have been having a problem with Dropbox importing lately. I used to be able to import almost all files without a problem until recently. Now YAC crashes when it starts to import then when I restart and check for new comics it still says there are "x" amount of new comics to import but when I try to import it crashes again.

I have tried unlinking from Dropbox and linking again but I get the same problem.

I have also tried linking to a different Dropbox account with the the same comics as well as totally different comic but still it crashes,

i have managed to identify that is it may be one file "Something Terrible.zip" but I have deleted that file from Dropbox completely but YAC seems to try to import it in again and it causes the crash no matter what I do. The comic did appear in my library but since then I have deleted it from my library too but the problem still remains when I try to import: It will maybe do a few other comics then try to import "Something Terrible.zip" before crashing.

It's worth mentioning that the file "Something Terrible.zip" was a comic I purchased online that allowed me the option to download straight to my Dropbox folder (I chose the 'YacReader' folder) upon purchase. Not sure if that is relevant or not as I did try to use another Dropbox as mentioned with the same result.

I can use all other methods for importing but Dropbox is my prefered method, of course. The file mentioned above seems to be somehow stuck in the import queue regardless of the fact I have deleted it from Dropbox many so the problem may lie with the YAC end of the import.

Thank you for your help and a great product.

Peace Khalid
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dropbox Error 9 years 11 months ago #462

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Today the new version 1.3.0 should be available trough the App Store, please check if you are still having the issue. The new version should skip this comic if it has any problem trying to import it.

It could be ver useful if you send me this comic, I need to check its format.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Dropbox Error 9 years 11 months ago #463

sonorousstar

Fresh Boarder

Hi Luis

Thanks for your reply - the new update seems to have solved the problem for now! Excellent :)

Here is the file in question. Hope it doesn't mess up your importing too!

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10307853/Som...errible_Download.zip

I have tried it zipped and unzipped with the same problem.

One more question while you are here: Is there any way to sort comics in 'newest added' view?

Thanks again for your help.

Dropbox Error 9 years 11 months ago #464

Luis Ángel

Administrator

sonorousstar wrote:
Hi Luis
Here is the file in question. Hope it doesn't mess up your importing too!

This is one of the most important bugs fixed in the new version, dealing with invalid/corrupted comics files
sonorousstar wrote: Thank you very much for the file. Please, extract the zip file, and import the "Something Terrible.cbz" that there is inside.

sonorousstar wrote:
One more question while you are here: Is there any way to sort comics in 'newest added' view?

No, but I will add better sorting/filtering capabilities in future versions.

Thank you for using YACReader, I hope you will enjoy the new version.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Dropbox Error 9 years 11 months ago #465

sonorousstar

Fresh Boarder

I did try the CBZ version too but I still had the same problem - maybe the damage was already done when I tried with the .zip version in the beginning.

Look forward to the future versions of YACReader - keep up the great work!

Dropbox Error 9 years 11 months ago #466

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Yes, the issue was caused when you tried the whole zip package the first time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sonorousstar