Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Feature Requests

Feature Requests 9 years 8 months ago #592

bharting

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Luis,

After buying and trying a couple of comic readers for the iPad, I came across a review for YACReader and picked it up. I must say you have done an outstanding job. The combo of YACReader iPad with the YACReaderLibrary for OS X works beautifully with my large library of comics.

The iPad I am using is shared by family, and YACReader is being used by my young daughter and myself. While it's not really an issue with my daughter, it could be helpful tool for parents to be able to assign a password to a folder, so books within that folder could only be accessed after entering the password. That would allow the parent to load books for multiple age groups, and not worry about someone reading something for the older kids or grownups.

Second, for copying/moving folders, being able to select multiple folders would be great (if this is already in the app, I don't see how it's done).

Last, unless I am mistaking, it seems you are disabling the iPad autolock feature if you are currently in a comic. Could this be configurable from within the app? As someone who has fallen asleep while reading more than once, this could have someone waking with a low or dead battery.

Thank you for your time, and thank you for a fantastic app. I'm a .NET developer by day, and it is always a pleasure to see a well designed, stable program. Nice work.

Bill Harting
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Feature Requests 9 years 8 months ago #595

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi bharting,

welcome to the forum.

The parental/password protection feature has been requested several times and it is in the TODO list of new features. Probably it won't be available in the next release, but it will be in the next one after that.

Yes, you can select multiple folder/comics:

Yeah, the autolock feature is disabled while you are reading. I will add this to the TODO list :)

I glad to hear that you and your daughter enjoy the app :D
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.