Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Once again…can’t connect to the library

  • Wyldemusick
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 5 days ago #6261 by Wyldemusick
Once again…can’t connect to the library was created by Wyldemusick
This occurs periodically — the iPadOS app is unable to connect to the library, and changing ports does nothing. The library is on a Windows machine, on the current version, and the only thing that’s changed recently is the iPadOS app, which recently updated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 days ago - 5 years 5 days ago #6262 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Once again…can’t connect to the library
My bet is that the server has problems starting at the designated port so it tries to pick another one.

Remove the existing connection, then set a new port in the server, close YACReaderLibrary (make sure it doesn't keep running in the system tray) and open it again, now check on what port the server is running. And finally and the connection again in the iOS app scanning the QR code.

EDIT: Another thing, make sure that you use static IPs in your network, at least for the computer where the server is running, otherwise the IP of your computer will constantly change and you have to update in the iOS app.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 5 years 5 days ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Wyldemusick
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 5 days ago #6265 by Wyldemusick
Replied by Wyldemusick on topic Once again…can’t connect to the library
Done all of that, turned off the WiFi (the computer is connected via Ethernet so it shouldn’t have been running), tried multiple ports, alternate IPs (from the Library drop down), no luck. I’m about to the point of uninstalling and reinstalling (not the best idea with the app, as I lose all my downloads, but it’s less of a pain with the Windows app; I just have to redo the libraries.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 days ago #6267 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Once again…can’t connect to the library
Hmmm, did you check the firewall?

The communication between the ios app and the server is pretty straightforward, the only two possible issues are: 1) wrong connection data, 2) something blocks the connection (or the devices are not in the same network)

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Wyldemusick
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 5 days ago #6268 by Wyldemusick
Replied by Wyldemusick on topic Once again…can’t connect to the library
Doesn’t seem to be the firewall, and the VPN is presently off. Still nothing.

The issue is curiously intermittent — it seems to be a matter of app versions on the iPad rather than the Library version, as I’ve had Library import working just fine since the last update. It broke again after the last app update. At this point I rather throw up my hands in defeat, and will, I suppose, just have to go the long way around with the currently slightly broken Google import (which works; the landing folder won’t stick.)

As for network, the computer is on Ethernet, the iPad on my home network.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Wyldemusick
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 5 days ago #6269 by Wyldemusick
Replied by Wyldemusick on topic Once again…can’t connect to the library
I might, I suppose, try switching to the Mac that I use for a Plex server, but first I need a new drive I can format for that so I can move the library.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 days ago #6270 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Once again…can’t connect to the library
There aren’t any issues in the iOS app regarding server connectivity. Try to enter the ip:port number in a web browser in iOS, does it connect to the server?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Wyldemusick
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 1 day ago #6278 by Wyldemusick
Replied by Wyldemusick on topic Once again…can’t connect to the library
Tried that, no go.

I’m going to take a look at Avast, see if that’s doing it.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled; it didn’t help. I’ll try rolling back a version, but I don’t see it being YACReader Library, honestly; import was working fine until the last app update.

Plex Media Server is working just fine, meanwhile. That’s the only other program that serves media to the iPad (and other devices.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Wyldemusick
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 1 day ago #6279 by Wyldemusick
Replied by Wyldemusick on topic Once again…can’t connect to the library
I’m back to my other idea — I’m going to install to the Mac Mini, and set up a test directory and see what happens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Wyldemusick
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #6280 by Wyldemusick
Replied by Wyldemusick on topic Once again…can’t connect to the library
Until I run a test on the Mac Mini I’m completely out of ideas here — I’ve put the computer entirely on WiFi, checked the firewall, turned off the VPN (which should not affect anything), uninstalled, reinstalled, changed ports multiple times, and turned Avast’s active shields.

Nothing.

As I’ve said, this issue seems to be cyclic. The iPadOS version gets updated and what was smoothly connecting suddenly fails miserably. I’m trying to recall when the last time the app fully worked *was*. I’m pretty sure it was after the last Windows update, which is why I don’t think this is on the Windows end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!