- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Dropbox Sync Problems
- greenjeddak
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
12 years 1 month ago #681
by greenjeddak
Dropbox Sync Problems was created by greenjeddak
Hi,
I have the latest YACReader for iOS from the App Store and I have a problem.
I seem to have a comic stuck in the Dropbox sync. The comic is no longer on dropbox and I get an error:
Error importing some comics. They were invalid/corrupted files or their format is not supported.
Also, my dropbox path for the YAC folder doesn't seem correct according to the iOS app. I have:
dropbox/apps/YACReader
but the iOS app states it should be:
dropbox/applications/YACReader
Which is the correct path?
How do I clear the stuck comic?
I have the latest YACReader for iOS from the App Store and I have a problem.
I seem to have a comic stuck in the Dropbox sync. The comic is no longer on dropbox and I get an error:
Error importing some comics. They were invalid/corrupted files or their format is not supported.
Also, my dropbox path for the YAC folder doesn't seem correct according to the iOS app. I have:
dropbox/apps/YACReader
but the iOS app states it should be:
dropbox/applications/YACReader
Which is the correct path?
How do I clear the stuck comic?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 1 month ago #682
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Dropbox Sync Problems
The right path is the path created by Dropbox automatically when you link YACReader with your account (apps should work).
It is weird that YACReader is still trying to import a comic that is no longer in Dropbox, in fact it should remove it from the imports queue after the failure trying to import it. Maybe you have another invalid/not supported comic in your Dropbox account?
You can try removing all the comics from dropbox/apps/YACReader, and try to sync again. What happens?
Or you can try uninstalling YACReader and installing it again.
BTW, YACReader 2.0 will have a cloud browser feature for choosing what comics/folders do you want to download/import from Dropbox.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
It is weird that YACReader is still trying to import a comic that is no longer in Dropbox, in fact it should remove it from the imports queue after the failure trying to import it. Maybe you have another invalid/not supported comic in your Dropbox account?
You can try removing all the comics from dropbox/apps/YACReader, and try to sync again. What happens?
Or you can try uninstalling YACReader and installing it again.
BTW, YACReader 2.0 will have a cloud browser feature for choosing what comics/folders do you want to download/import from Dropbox.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- greenjeddak
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #683
by greenjeddak
Replied by greenjeddak on topic Dropbox Sync Problems
Hi, I've deleted /YACReader/ from Dropbox, and deleted the app from my ipad.
What I didn't do was delete the app permissions from my security settings under the Dropbox account dashboard via the Web.
Now all seems to be working.
What I didn't do was delete the app permissions from my security settings under the Dropbox account dashboard via the Web.
Now all seems to be working.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel