Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: backup request

backup request 9 years 7 months ago #747

etakarine

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

My first post! :)

I wonder if you would be able to build into the app the possibility of backing up the whole contents, when you do an iTunes backup or iCloud backup the comics and settings are not being backed up. Is this something you can add as a new feature, possibly with an option button for those who don't want to backup the comics?

Many thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

backup request 9 years 7 months ago #748

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Welcome to the forum etakarine.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, I will include it for future versions. But it is going to be after the 2.0 release (too much work right now :) ).
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

backup request 9 years 5 months ago #852

sammysalsa8

Fresh Boarder

Hi. Does iTunes not back up all the comics transferred into YacReader? I plan on getting a new iPad but I do no have the comics anywhere other than in the current iPad. I thought if I load the backup to the new iPad, I would get all my comics...

backup request 9 years 5 months ago #853

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Welcome to the forum sammysalsa8,

after importing, the comics are optimized for being read in your device and they are no longer available for anything else. This is the reason for YACReaderLibrary, keep everything saved and organized in your computer.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

backup request 9 years 5 months ago #861

sammysalsa8

Fresh Boarder

Luis Ángel wrote:
Welcome to the forum sammysalsa8,

after importing, the comics are optimized for being read in your device and they are no longer available for anything else. This is the reason for YACReaderLibrary, keep everything saved and organized in your computer.

Hi! Well that's a bummer that the comics aren't saved in the app. Does the YACReaderLibrary sync and update together with the iPad app?

backup request 9 years 5 months ago #864

Luis Ángel

Administrator

If you use the remote reading method you don't have to import anything into your iPad, and YACReaderLibrary will keep your reading progress....

You can also import comics through YACReaderLibrary, but there is no sync back in the current version. This feature is coming in YACReader 2.0 for iOS (I'am working on it, no ETA yet).