Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: panel by panel reading mode needs improvement

panel by panel reading mode needs improvement 1 year 7 months ago #7075

wzjjj

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Most of the pictures in my comics are made of two pages.The order of panel by panel reading mode is chaotic when reading such pictures.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

panel by panel reading mode needs improvement 1 year 7 months ago #7076

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Spreads should be in separated files, one per page, the app supports double page mode and in that mode the panel order is correct, I guess I can add an option for this, but there is no way to detect if an image is a single spread or two pages together…
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

panel by panel reading mode needs improvement 1 year 7 months ago #7077

wzjjj

Fresh Boarder

Many software can recognize wide pictures, and then split them into two under the vertical screen, so that the reading experience is better and errors will not be recognized. I think this function can be added.

panel by panel reading mode needs improvement 1 year 7 months ago #7078

Luis Ángel

Administrator

You can recognize wide pictures, in fact YACReader recognizes them in double page mode, but is it a full spread that needs regular reading order? or is it a two pages glued together? I think the source content should meet some standards, and the standard is one image file per page...

Like I said I am not against adding an option, but it will be just a patch to bad formatted comic files.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Luis Ángel.

panel by panel reading mode needs improvement 1 year 7 months ago #7079

wzjjj

Fresh Boarder

Many of my comics come from scanning, and most of them are in the form of two pages glued together.

panel by panel reading mode needs improvement 1 year 7 months ago #7080

wzjjj

Fresh Boarder

Two-page pictures glued together are very common. Common reading software has the function of splitting wide pictures. I'm surprised that yacreader does not have this function so far.

panel by panel reading mode needs improvement 1 year 7 months ago #7088

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I don't have a single comic with pages glued, and I think this is the first time the feature has been requested. I have added it to my TODO list, but I can't give you an ETA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wzjjj

panel by panel reading mode needs improvement 1 year 6 months ago #7143

Riss77

Fresh Boarder

Same problem here, I bought the app for the panel to panel feature, but it turns out that ALL of the mangas have two pages each, the app reads from right to left jumping to the next page and then back to the previous one to the panels below.

Can this be solved?

panel by panel reading mode needs improvement 1 year 6 months ago #7144

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I don't know where you are getting your books from, but that's far from standard, I will add a setting control this behaviour eventually, but I would try to find better samples of your mangas, your collection is going to be more future proof if you have a single image per page.

panel by panel reading mode needs improvement 1 year 6 months ago #7146

Riss77

Fresh Boarder

is probably related to the structure of the Mangas.

Normally the two pages are shown as if you were holding the book in your hand (physically open). Sometimes the panels are shown as two-page spreads. That is why they are compiled in this way

Here you have an example in the same volume in one occasion it is read as two independent pages and following the order in each one.
In the other case (still two physical pages) it is read as if it were a single page.
There are many other readers software that detect this peculiarity.

I hope it will be solved soon because right now the panel-to-panel function for reading manga is not functional.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Luis Ángel.
  • Page: