Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Error message Time out unable to connect Yacreader

Error message Time out unable to connect Yacreader 11 months 3 weeks ago #7539

Indi

Fresh Boarder

Dear all.
My setting is library is running on synolgy nas, and i use the ipad version to read.

In backtime i often got by few comics the error message Time out, unable to conncet Yacreader library.

So long time i dont found out, why this will happen, because on PC everything works fine.

Solution: (Yes no one is need to help, i try to share my exp.)
Extract your CBR file with 7zip, you will get an folder with many jpg in it.
Mark them all, and rezip them, but important, use compress format "zip" and rename after that the ending from zip to cbr.

I think not every zip is supported on ipad, so it needs the standard to work with it.

Hope that will help someone with have the same problem as i.

If i could have a wish, please add in a future version of the ios version a checking tool, wich will test all comics on library for error while opening, and give out which files need a fix. :-) That will avoid a lot of manualy work
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Error message Time out unable to connect Yacreader 11 months 3 weeks ago #7542

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

If you have a build of yacreaderlibraryserver in your NAS that is compiled to use unarr the problem could be RAR5 files. Make sure to pick a version that uses p7zip hub.docker.com/r/xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Error message Time out unable to connect Yacreader 11 months 3 weeks ago #7543

Indi

Fresh Boarder

Hello, ok, that is interesting, but my problem is (i think one of 2 i have) that i tried this docker version to run, and i was also succesfull to add the library.ydb which is on my nas drive, but after that no comic is in the library or the connection to the library is complete a fail.

Command to update library on nas or the windows aplication does not change anything. (On windows i see the comics in the library, so it is in my opinion the problem on the docke side.

The only docker which works fine for me is the mulain(hope speel it right) docker. I am also not happy to use this 2 year old version, which i manually update to debian 11 to get the latest library to run.

If someone have a short guide to install and work fine the xthursdayx docker image on synalogy, i will be very happy. (my synology has nativ docker support, so i use the synalogy docker app)

My second problem on the way is, that on the library docker version i use,did not remember what i read on my ipad.

For helpfull inputs i would be very happy :-)

Thank you.