- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Having trouble importing large number of files.
- kinesia
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 11 months ago #811
by kinesia
Having trouble importing large number of files. was created by kinesia
I copied 1100 comics to my ipad using iTunes today. YACreader could see them and started to import fine, but after about 100 it crashed to the desktop.
I can start it again and it has the properly imported comics ok, it says it has a thousand left, as soon as I click import it crashes straight away.
I thought it might be a space problem, since I was close to the limit, but I made space and it hasn't helped.
Would it be a bad file?
Shouldn't it just ignore it instead of crashing?
Thanks.
I can start it again and it has the properly imported comics ok, it says it has a thousand left, as soon as I click import it crashes straight away.
I thought it might be a space problem, since I was close to the limit, but I made space and it hasn't helped.
Would it be a bad file?
Shouldn't it just ignore it instead of crashing?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 11 months ago #812
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Having trouble importing large number of files.
It is difficult to say what is going on, but it seems that a bad file could be causing the issue. As you have said, YACReader ignores bad files and launches a message telling about the issue when it finished importing comics.
Could you send me the file that is causing the crash?
Could you send me the file that is causing the crash?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kinesia
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #813
by kinesia
Replied by kinesia on topic Having trouble importing large number of files.
It looks like it is a bad file. I can open it manually in CDisplayEx though.
Deleting it from my iTunes app page allowed importing to complete, though importing _did_ crash the app two other times, but restarting it, it just resumed, it didn't immediately crash like it did with the bad file.
I'll put the bad file back in and make sure it crashes again before I send it to you.
(And I haven't forgotten about trying to compile on my Raspberry Pi, I just haven't had much time recently!)
Deleting it from my iTunes app page allowed importing to complete, though importing _did_ crash the app two other times, but restarting it, it just resumed, it didn't immediately crash like it did with the bad file.
I'll put the bad file back in and make sure it crashes again before I send it to you.
(And I haven't forgotten about trying to compile on my Raspberry Pi, I just haven't had much time recently!)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 11 months ago #814
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Having trouble importing large number of files.
Hi Kinesia,
I suspect that the file that is giving you problems could have a mac os x specific extra folder that is known to sometimes cause trouble. You should try to check the bad file for extra folders like __MACOSX and if you find it remove it.
Regarding the Raspberry Pi I already did some tests and sadly it's currently impossible to compile YAC on it as the opengl code in YACReader doesn't work on embedded open gl versions. It still might be possible to remove the opengl part if you can live without the fancy cover flow features.
Regards,
Felix
I suspect that the file that is giving you problems could have a mac os x specific extra folder that is known to sometimes cause trouble. You should try to check the bad file for extra folders like __MACOSX and if you find it remove it.
Regarding the Raspberry Pi I already did some tests and sadly it's currently impossible to compile YAC on it as the opengl code in YACReader doesn't work on embedded open gl versions. It still might be possible to remove the opengl part if you can live without the fancy cover flow features.
Regards,
Felix
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 11 months ago #815
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Having trouble importing large number of files.
I take care about the __MACOSX in my code (both iOS and desktop versions), it shouldn't be an issue.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel