Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Changed NAS - can't get YACReader working on iPad

Changed NAS - can't get YACReader working on iPad 11 months 2 weeks ago #7570

YAC YAC iOS

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I changed my Synology NAS from a 2-Bay JBOD to a 4-Bay using Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR), so had to reinstall everything from scratch.

I again followed the instructions at yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/2067-h...ogy-nas?limitstart=0

This time I made sure to NOT make the same error as I did on my initial install: yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/2067-h...gy-nas?start=10#7414

I used bash to check
YACReaderLibraryServer list-libraries (no result)
YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /comics (correctly reported 4 comics!)

The four comics’ covers are visible in .yacreaderlibrary (using File Station), so the comics must be loaded(?)

When I try to import using the iOS app, I get “Error. Could not connect to the server.”

Any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Changed NAS - can't get YACReader working on iPad 11 months 2 weeks ago #7571

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Did you add the library again using the `add-library` command?
yacreaderlibraryserver add-library comics /comics

But the iOS app should be able to connect to the server anyway, are you using the right IP and port? The IP should your NAS IP
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Changed NAS - can't get YACReader working on iPad 11 months 2 weeks ago #7572

YAC YAC iOS

Fresh Boarder

Hello Luis,

I deleted the docker and started afresh again…

“yacreaderlibraryserver add-library comics /comics” doesn’t work and gives “command not found”.
I then used “YACReaderLibraryServer create-library LibraryName /comics” which did work and showed “Processing comicsDone!”.

I then loaded some comics and checked using “YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /comics” that the correct number of comics were loaded.

Then, I checked the “YACReaderLibraryServer list-libraries” to confirm the library “comics” existed.

You asked: “But the iOS app should be able to connect to the server anyway, are you using the right IP and port? The IP should your NAS IP”

Yes. I am using the correct IP and port, but this time (in the docker log) the port number is 8080 instead of 5000. However, in File Station it shows the access Link using port 5000. Could this be the problem?

I’ve tried both port numbers in the iOS app and get “Error. Could not connect to the server.” With Port 5000; and get “Error. The request timed out.” With 8080.

I’m not sure what to try next. Any further ideas?

Changed NAS - can't get YACReader working on iPad 11 months 2 weeks ago #7573

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Since you are using "Use the same network as Docker Host" I think the right port in this case would be 8080, how are you starting yacreaderlibraryserver?
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Changed NAS - can't get YACReader working on iPad 11 months 2 weeks ago #7574

YAC YAC iOS

Fresh Boarder

Some additional testing…

I input the IP and port 8080 in Safari and accessed Libraries. I clicked on “LibraryName” and went to “comics”, then pressed “browse” which took me to thumbnails of the 3 comics.
However, when I pressed “READ” I got “404 not found”.

I also re-read Renns’ post yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/2067-h...as?limitstart=0#6957 where he/she said the new terminal opened with the following line:
root@muallin-yacreaderlibrary-server-docker1:/sec/git#

My terminal is opening with a line above that, and I note Renns’ line shows “sec” where mine shows “src”:
bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (C.UTF8)
root@muallin-yacreaderlibrary-server-docker1:/src/git#

Some of this is above my knowledge, so hoping this ‘revelation’ means something to you!

Changed NAS - can't get YACReader working on iPad 11 months 2 weeks ago #7575

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Was the safari test from your iOS device? if so it should also work from the app with that same connection info.

Changed NAS - can't get YACReader working on iPad 11 months 2 weeks ago #7576

YAC YAC iOS

Fresh Boarder

Yes, the test was from the iOS device using Safari but, as I said, I only got the covers. I'll dump it all and start over in the morning when I'm fresh.

Thanks for the suggestions, Luis! Hopefully I'll get it working - if not I'll be back with more annoying questions. :ohmy:

Changed NAS - can't get YACReader working on iPad 11 months 2 weeks ago #7577

Luis Ángel

Administrator

That web ui you saw in safari is non functional, it is there just to support very old ios devices that got stuck with an ancient version of the app. But it you see anything in safari then it means the server is up and running that ip and port you are using.

The app needs a permission to access your local network, just check in your iOS settings that the permission is active. Also remove any server info you have on the iOS app and try again. The traffic between the iOS app and the server is so simple that at this point I have no idea what could be wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YAC YAC iOS

Changed NAS - can't get YACReader working on iPad 11 months 2 weeks ago #7579

YAC YAC iOS

Fresh Boarder

Hello Luis,
After a refreshing sleep and a complete reinstall, all makes sense!

On my iPad I was able to ‘see’ thumbnails which included the file size and page count – this was because the “.yacreaderlibrary” was correctly installed and the covers were in the enclosed “covers” folder.

The error I was getting became obvious once I re-examined the bash results:
YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /comics (correctly reported 9 comics)

I was not able to access the actual comics because I neglected to change LibraryName when I created a new library – the raw command is “YACReaderLibraryServer create-library LibraryName /comics” and should have been changed by me to “YACReaderLibraryServer create-library Comics /comics” as I use the name “Comics” for my library.

Sooooo… that’s twice now I’ve publicly embarrassed myself on this forum but, I’m happy to share this as it may help other new users navigate the process.

Now I’m contently rebuilding my library!

Changed NAS - can't get YACReader working on iPad 11 months 2 weeks ago #7581

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Glad to hear it works now :ok: