- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Linux users.
How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
- playblue
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 11 months ago #7210
by playblue
Replied by playblue on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
In Controp panel -> Security -> Firewall, then click on “edit rules” under Firewall profile.
Then create: port: 8080, protocol: TCP, IP address: <local addresses> (e.g. 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.255 or the IP of the device using YACReader).
Hope this helps.
Then create: port: 8080, protocol: TCP, IP address: <local addresses> (e.g. 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.255 or the IP of the device using YACReader).
Hope this helps.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fobboy
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 11 months ago #7212
by fobboy
Replied by fobboy on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
So the problem is that I don't even have Firewall enabled. I'm connected directly to the router through Ethernet, but when I type in the ip-address of the NAS with port 8080 (i.e.: 192.168.1.150:8080), I only get the default "Comics" library (with nothing in it of course), and none of the libraries I actually added through the terminal.
I followed the guide exactly except I used wehartgames/yacreaderlibraryserver instead of muallin as explained in later posts.
When creating a library in the terminal, I do often get the message "7z support requires 7z SDK"...not sure if that matters. Even if it can't import those files, I also have cbz files as well and those should be imported without a problem. After the terminal commands finish, it does say ".....Done! Number of comics processed = 304"...so something should have imported.
I verified the libraries with the list-libraries command and it sees the libraries...I just can't interact or see it when I use YACReader or when I type in the IP address:8080
Not sure what's wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!
I followed the guide exactly except I used wehartgames/yacreaderlibraryserver instead of muallin as explained in later posts.
When creating a library in the terminal, I do often get the message "7z support requires 7z SDK"...not sure if that matters. Even if it can't import those files, I also have cbz files as well and those should be imported without a problem. After the terminal commands finish, it does say ".....Done! Number of comics processed = 304"...so something should have imported.
I verified the libraries with the list-libraries command and it sees the libraries...I just can't interact or see it when I use YACReader or when I type in the IP address:8080
Not sure what's wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- playblue
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 1
3 years 11 months ago #7218
by playblue
Replied by playblue on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
What does the log say in Docker / YACReader? You should get something similar to this:
YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
System & configuration
INFO 2022-11-03T06:17:50.271 OS: [...]
INFO 2022-11-03T06:17:50.271 Kernel: [...]
Libraries: QMap(("[YourLibrary]", QPair(1,"/comics")))
YACReaderLibrary starting
Running on port "8080"
If the log seems fine, can you access other ports of your Synology that point to other applications (e.g. Drive, DS Audio, etc)?
YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
System & configuration
INFO 2022-11-03T06:17:50.271 OS: [...]
INFO 2022-11-03T06:17:50.271 Kernel: [...]
Libraries: QMap(("[YourLibrary]", QPair(1,"/comics")))
YACReaderLibrary starting
Running on port "8080"
If the log seems fine, can you access other ports of your Synology that point to other applications (e.g. Drive, DS Audio, etc)?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fobboy
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 11 months ago #7223
by fobboy
Replied by fobboy on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
It looks like there's an error "Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread"...I'm not sure what this error means.
I can access other ports of my Synology. I managed to get Jellyfin running (port 8096)
Thanks for your help!
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun YACReaderLibraryServer (no readiness notification)
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.623 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.624
System & configuration
[ls.io-init] done.
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.636 OS: "Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS" Version: "22.04"
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.636 Kernel: "linux" "4.4.180+" Architecture: "x86_64"
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.636 Libraries: QMap(("Comics", QPair(1,"/comics")))
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.636
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.637 YACReaderLibrary starting
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.637 Running on port "8080"
WARN 2022-11-01T02:05:23.701 QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is RequestMapper(0x55bce46c3530), parent's thread is QThread(0x55bce46b53c0), current thread is QThread(0x55bce46c9810)
WARN 2022-11-01T02:05:25.346 Template: missing variable {page} in folder
WARN 2022-11-01T02:05:25.346 Template: missing variable {pages} in folder
I can access other ports of my Synology. I managed to get Jellyfin running (port 8096)
Thanks for your help!
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun YACReaderLibraryServer (no readiness notification)
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.623 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.624
System & configuration
[ls.io-init] done.
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.636 OS: "Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS" Version: "22.04"
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.636 Kernel: "linux" "4.4.180+" Architecture: "x86_64"
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.636 Libraries: QMap(("Comics", QPair(1,"/comics")))
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.636
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.637 YACReaderLibrary starting
INFO 2022-11-01T01:38:36.637 Running on port "8080"
WARN 2022-11-01T02:05:23.701 QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is RequestMapper(0x55bce46c3530), parent's thread is QThread(0x55bce46b53c0), current thread is QThread(0x55bce46c9810)
WARN 2022-11-01T02:05:25.346 Template: missing variable {page} in folder
WARN 2022-11-01T02:05:25.346 Template: missing variable {pages} in folder
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Markitch
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 8 months ago #7368
by Markitch
Replied by Markitch on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
Hi guys! thanks for sharing this tutorial.
Im having a problem and im getting mad.
Just do all what tutorial says but i just get this:
error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Core.so.5: c
annot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I create a shared folder named comics and i put my entire library of comics created by yacreader.. i add folder and select the new one i created named comics.
Route same /comics.
What im doing wrong?
Im having a problem and im getting mad.
Just do all what tutorial says but i just get this:
error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Core.so.5: c
annot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I create a shared folder named comics and i put my entire library of comics created by yacreader.. i add folder and select the new one i created named comics.
Route same /comics.
What im doing wrong?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- YAC YAC iOS
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 1
3 years 8 months ago #7391
by YAC YAC iOS
Replied by YAC YAC iOS on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
Same here. I'm another Newbie. I've installed and re-installed numerous times, yet only see an empty library on my iPhone/iPad.
I chose the correct package and selected "latest"
Selected the Image
In Network, selected “Use the same network as Docker Host”
In General Settings, selected “Enable auto-restart”
In Volume Settings, I added a folder but, this attempt I added the folder into the docker ‘folder’ and named it “Comics_NAS”. (In previous attempts I named the folder “comics”. This will become relevant in a few steps!)
I named the mount path Comics_NAS
Summary
Container Name: muallin-yacreaderlibrary-server-docker1
Enable auto-restart: Yes
Volume
File/Folder
/docker
/Comics_NAS
Mount path
/Comics_NAS
Read-Only
No
Use the same network as Docker Host: Yes
Environment Variables
Variable
PATH
Value
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local /bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:
8 items
Run this container after the wizard is finished
Container then shows as “Running”
I used bash to check
Create a new library:
YACReaderLibraryServer create-library LibraryName /comics
Refresh your library (do this after adding/removing comics):
YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /comics
I noted that the name in the above bash commands was “/comics”, not “NAS_comics”, so I tried the same command with “NAS_comics” and got an error.
I then uninstalled Docker and tried again. This time I used “/comics”. Same result.
Any ideas? This is driving me crazy (crazier?).
TIA for any assistance!
I chose the correct package and selected "latest"
Selected the Image
In Network, selected “Use the same network as Docker Host”
In General Settings, selected “Enable auto-restart”
In Volume Settings, I added a folder but, this attempt I added the folder into the docker ‘folder’ and named it “Comics_NAS”. (In previous attempts I named the folder “comics”. This will become relevant in a few steps!)
I named the mount path Comics_NAS
Summary
Container Name: muallin-yacreaderlibrary-server-docker1
Enable auto-restart: Yes
Volume
File/Folder
/docker
/Comics_NAS
Mount path
/Comics_NAS
Read-Only
No
Use the same network as Docker Host: Yes
Environment Variables
Variable
PATH
Value
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local /bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:
8 items
Run this container after the wizard is finished
Container then shows as “Running”
I used bash to check
Create a new library:
YACReaderLibraryServer create-library LibraryName /comics
Refresh your library (do this after adding/removing comics):
YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /comics
I noted that the name in the above bash commands was “/comics”, not “NAS_comics”, so I tried the same command with “NAS_comics” and got an error.
I then uninstalled Docker and tried again. This time I used “/comics”. Same result.
Any ideas? This is driving me crazy (crazier?).
TIA for any assistance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 8 months ago #7392
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
Maybe you can try this docker image?
github.com/xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- YAC YAC iOS
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 1
3 years 8 months ago #7414
by YAC YAC iOS
Replied by YAC YAC iOS on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
Hello Luis,
Thanks for your prompt response – much appreciated.
Sorry it’s taken me a while to respond. I’ve been off-air a few days and unable to respond/test as my main computer died, but I’m now set up on an (ancient!) laptop.
The original image I used was fine.
The solution was embarrassing simple for me – but may also be the stumbling block some other users have experienced! In essence, the server is correctly set up, but the initial YACReader iOS screen after picking the “YACReaderLibrary” fooled me when it showed “Libraries” and the default library name, but the rest of the screen was blank.
From your iOS User Guide: “Once connected, YACReader will show you a list of libraries to choose from (you will only have one problably), tap one of them to access the contents.”
What did I miss? I didn’t TAP on the Library name! As soon as I did that my remote comics were available.
Hopefully, my rookie error will help other users.
I have a few other questions but will ask them in a separate post. I’m really enjoying YACReader served up from my NAS!
Thanks for your prompt response – much appreciated.
Sorry it’s taken me a while to respond. I’ve been off-air a few days and unable to respond/test as my main computer died, but I’m now set up on an (ancient!) laptop.
The original image I used was fine.
The solution was embarrassing simple for me – but may also be the stumbling block some other users have experienced! In essence, the server is correctly set up, but the initial YACReader iOS screen after picking the “YACReaderLibrary” fooled me when it showed “Libraries” and the default library name, but the rest of the screen was blank.
From your iOS User Guide: “Once connected, YACReader will show you a list of libraries to choose from (you will only have one problably), tap one of them to access the contents.”
What did I miss? I didn’t TAP on the Library name! As soon as I did that my remote comics were available.
Hopefully, my rookie error will help other users.
I have a few other questions but will ask them in a separate post. I’m really enjoying YACReader served up from my NAS!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Rame2024
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 8 months ago #7425
by Rame2024
Replied by Rame2024 on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
Thank you very much Renns for your great tutorial!
I'm a beginner and I followed everything and everything works until step 3,
when I click on terminal I have a "Socket Closed" message on my Synology and I can't go any further...
On ios application it connect but I only see a white screen.
If you could help me that would be great! Thanks
I'm a beginner and I followed everything and everything works until step 3,
when I click on terminal I have a "Socket Closed" message on my Synology and I can't go any further...
On ios application it connect but I only see a white screen.
If you could help me that would be great! Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- danhackley
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 6
3 years 1 day ago #7905
by danhackley
Replied by danhackley on topic How 2 create a YACReader Server on Synology NAS
Does this method allow remote access, i.e. when away from the home LAN?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel