Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

"Lock" function doesn't work

  • danhackley
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 10 months ago #8058 by danhackley
"Lock" function doesn't work was created by danhackley
I tried locking a folder in YacReader on the iPad. It asked me for a passcode; I made one. The folder then shows with a lock icon. So far, so good.

When I go to open that folder, it asks for a password - but it asks for my main iPad password, instead of the password I just created. That's the first issue.

The second issue is that when I've finished browsing that folder and exit it, it remains unlocked. I long press to lock it again, but only the option "unlock" is there. The folder is not locked though - I can go in and out of it at will.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #8060 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic "Lock" function doesn't work
The lock function uses iOS security if it is available, like many other apps, it is not the app but iOS asking to verify that it is you, if you cancel that dialog you should see YACReader asking for the in-app password you created. This also works with biometrics and face id.

Once you unlock your content the app knows it is you who is using it, so it will keep the content unlocked until you send the app to the background or you lock your device.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!