- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Importing or remote browsing times out
- kamui
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #912
by kamui
Importing or remote browsing times out was created by kamui
I have YACReaderLibrary running on my Macbook Pro (retina first gen). When I browse to the IP and port it loads on my desktop browswer, but it takes like 11 seconds to load. This is fine on Chrome, but when I try this on the iOS app, it just times out. I guess that time out is less than 11 seconds. I have about 80 folders/comics in the root directory of the share. If I index with a small amount of comics it works fine.
Any suggestions? Should I be splitting out my libraries instead of having one large one?
Thanks for YACReader, I love it!
Any suggestions? Should I be splitting out my libraries instead of having one large one?
Thanks for YACReader, I love it!
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by kamui.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 10 months ago #913
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Importing or remote browsing times out
No, you shouldn't split your library. And definitely YACReaderLibrary shouldn't take so long to serve your library contents.
Let me do some test and I will see if I can find any bugs. Please, keep an eye on this topic for further information.
Thank you for reporting your issues.
Let me do some test and I will see if I can find any bugs. Please, keep an eye on this topic for further information.
Thank you for reporting your issues.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kamui
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #914
by kamui
Replied by kamui on topic Importing or remote browsing times out
Thanks Luis.
I had about 170 GB of comics, I deleted about 70 GB ( (all in 1 folder) of it since I didn't need it. It seemed to have helped a little, but rendering that index page is still slow. Sometimes it'll still timeout in the iOS app, but most times it succeeds. 80 folders in the root directory doesn't seem like a lot, so I don't know why it's so slow to render. I also didn't expect deleting comics to help, since I didn't think the web server index page render time would be based on the number of total comics, but just based on the folders in the root.
I had about 170 GB of comics, I deleted about 70 GB ( (all in 1 folder) of it since I didn't need it. It seemed to have helped a little, but rendering that index page is still slow. Sometimes it'll still timeout in the iOS app, but most times it succeeds. 80 folders in the root directory doesn't seem like a lot, so I don't know why it's so slow to render. I also didn't expect deleting comics to help, since I didn't think the web server index page render time would be based on the number of total comics, but just based on the folders in the root.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by kamui.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 10 months ago #917
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Importing or remote browsing times out
My library is way larger than yours and I am not having any issues. I guess that the MacOSX version has some kind of bug.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kamui
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #918
by kamui
Replied by kamui on topic Importing or remote browsing times out
Could be, I'm using 10.10.2.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 9 months ago #927
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Importing or remote browsing times out
I have been testing the Mac version (MacBook + Yosemite) and for me everything is working fine.
Where do you have your comics? Are they in a NAS or external hard drive? Is always so slow?
Thank you for your help.
Where do you have your comics? Are they in a NAS or external hard drive? Is always so slow?
Thank you for your help.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kamui
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #930
by kamui
Replied by kamui on topic Importing or remote browsing times out
They're on a NAS. The NAS is connected to my gigabit router, with a gigabit ethernet cable. My Macbook is connected to the router via gigabit ethernet (thunderbolt adapter) as well. The drives are 7200 RPM. It's always slow, it's not intermittent, but having fewer comics does shorten the load time of the index page. The drive is mounted as a share volume and YACReaderLibrary points to that folder.
Edit: Also, loading comics in YACReader on OS X is fast. Loading folders and scrolling through thumbnails in YACReaderLibrary is instantaneous.
Edit: Also, loading comics in YACReader on OS X is fast. Loading folders and scrolling through thumbnails in YACReaderLibrary is instantaneous.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by kamui.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel