Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Yac Reader for iOS only reads rar and pdf

Yac Reader for iOS only reads rar and pdf 4 months 14 hours ago #8449

Chaga

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hello,
I just bought the app to use on my ipad, and after creating my library on my PC, I am able to access all my comics without any issue.
The vast majority of my collection is CBZ/CBR, and any of those that I import to my iPad won't display at all. Same for Zip.
I tried renaming a couple of files from CBZ to RAR, and the app displayed them without any issue.
Is there a setting that I have missed, or do I have to rename all my files to RAR?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Yac Reader for iOS only reads rar and pdf 3 months 4 weeks ago #8452

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 569

cbz and cbr files should work just fine, the app only checks the file extension for scanning purposes, when it needs to open the files it checks for the actual type of file

When you say that the issues “don’t display at all” what do you mean? What happens if you try to open the without importing them?

How did you install YACReader in your PC?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Yac Reader for iOS only reads rar and pdf 3 months 4 weeks ago #8453

Chaga

Fresh Boarder

When I import them to my iPad, I get black covers for all of them, and when I click on them, nothing happens.
If I open them straight from the library , they open fine (both on iPad and PC)
Issue happens only on imports.
I renamed a couple of files from cbz to rar, and after importing them, they opened just fine.
I installed the PC app from this site.

I am someone who moved from ComicFlow since it's not being udated/supported anymore, and so far really loving all the features of YacReader, and as soon as I have enough time, I will try setting up my library on my Qnap NAS (as everything I read about setting this up is quite daunting lol)
I won't mind renaming all my files to rar if it comes to that, as long as this doesn't impact the comics in any way.

Yac Reader for iOS only reads rar and pdf 3 months 4 weeks ago #8455

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 569

No, please, don't rename your files. Send me one of those files, double check that when you import it to your iPad you are getting the wrong behavior and then send it by mail or using a share link or something. I need to test this myself to know what's going on.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Yac Reader for iOS only reads rar and pdf 3 months 4 weeks ago #8459

Chaga

Fresh Boarder

Sorry for the delay but got caught back at work.
Anyway I tried replicating the issue this morning and weirdly enough it seems to be working fine. As soon as I have enough time I will do more tests and let you how it turns out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Yac Reader for iOS only reads rar and pdf 3 months 1 week ago #8503

salasnet

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

You should not rename a CBZ file to RAR. CBZ is a ZIP file container and RAR is just that, a RAR file which has different type of compression. That is why comics usually come in cbz or cbr format. cbz uses ZIP compression, cbr uses RAR compression. Simply renaming them will not change the compression or the container.

If your files are already in cbz format, I would leave them. cbz is a better format for comics book, IMHO, as it does not use the proprietary RAR compression format.