Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: iOS vs PC - First file and Cover of CBZ

iOS vs PC - First file and Cover of CBZ 4 months 2 weeks ago #8504

LainX84

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

I have noticed a difference between how some of my manga (in CBZ format) in my YACLibraryServer library are displayed on iOS (iPad/iPhone) and how they are displayed on PC, and the difference is the first file used for the cover.
I will try to explain myself better ....

I have a few CBZs with a structure like this:

As you can see in the picture, the cover (file 001.jpg) is in the root of the ZIP, while the chapters are in the folders.

Looking at such a CBZ on a PC, the first file to be loaded is the cover, and then the files inside the folders.

On the other hand, on iOS (iPad/iPhone), the first file displayed is the first file in the first folder, while the cover 'only' appears after viewing the entire first folder.

As a result, the cover page of the CBZ is no longer the correct one, but the first page of the chapter.

As a workaround, it would be sufficient to put the cover page in the first folder with the name 000.jpg, but then I would have to modify many of the CBZs produced, while the two devices (PC/iOS) work differently.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

iOS vs PC - First file and Cover of CBZ 4 months 2 weeks ago #8509

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 582

It is a discrepancy in the sorting algorithms used on iOS and the Desktop, I am trying to use the standards I get from different sdks, so I am not sure if I can modify this behavior.

Having folders inside a zip/rar comic file is always kind of tricky.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.