Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

iOS vs PC - First file and Cover of CBZ

  • LainX84
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #8504 by LainX84
I have noticed a difference between how some of my manga (in CBZ format) in my YACLibraryServer library are displayed on iOS (iPad/iPhone) and how they are displayed on PC, and the difference is the first file used for the cover.
I will try to explain myself better ....

I have a few CBZs with a structure like this:



As you can see in the picture, the cover (file 001.jpg) is in the root of the ZIP, while the chapters are in the folders.

Looking at such a CBZ on a PC, the first file to be loaded is the cover, and then the files inside the folders.

On the other hand, on iOS (iPad/iPhone), the first file displayed is the first file in the first folder, while the cover 'only' appears after viewing the entire first folder.


As a result, the cover page of the CBZ is no longer the correct one, but the first page of the chapter.

As a workaround, it would be sufficient to put the cover page in the first folder with the name 000.jpg, but then I would have to modify many of the CBZs produced, while the two devices (PC/iOS) work differently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #8509 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iOS vs PC - First file and Cover of CBZ
It is a discrepancy in the sorting algorithms used on iOS and the Desktop, I am trying to use the standards I get from different sdks, so I am not sure if I can modify this behavior.

Having folders inside a zip/rar comic file is always kind of tricky.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!