Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Sorting

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #944 by Wade
Sorting was created by Wade
Hi!
I don't know if my question has been asked already,so I just go.
Is there any way to sort comics by actual name file instead of metadata's title? I mean for example.
I think everyone has a collection with filenames like "Comic_name number_of_issue", like "Deathstroke 001".
But title in metadata doesn't have to be this way. I prefer to name book in metadata with the name of the issue, like "something_something" without filename.
Unfortunately YACR sorts file from A to Z, this way if issue number 5 has a title beggining with "S", and issue number 6 with "D", issue 6 will stand before issue 5. I don't think this is kinda right.
Can YACR sort files by actual file names, instead of titles?

Oh, and btw, titles don't syncronize. I got all the books with title on my computer, but after syncronizing all the books on iPad don't have titles, just filenames in title field
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Wade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #1005 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Sorting
Hi,

sorry for the late response. For some reason I didn't send the post, but I remember writing it :huh:

Sorting uses the file name if the issue number is not present. Days ago I fixed a bug related to this, and I think that you are suffering it. It will be fixed for the next release.

Please, check the betas when they will be ready and tell me if your issues are fixed.

I have to redo the sorting behavior in YACReader for iOS before sending the titles to the device.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #1111 by Wade
Replied by Wade on topic Sorting
Great, thank you.
I'm sorry too for late response )
Where can I participate the beta-test? I didn't see any updates in app store so far

Let me explain myself with pictures ))
For example take part of my Dark Reign collection.
As you can see on screen one, I got some comics in one folder, some of them named with issue number. two of the don't. They are outlined with red.
Warning: Spoiler!

As you can see they are sorted in alphabetical order, but the truth is Marvel spotlight goes after Secret Invasion 8. And I want to see my files named like "Secret Invasion 08", instead of "08 Secret Invasion". But in the same time I'd like to see my library in right order. So I go to file's properties and set Issue number: Secret Invasion - 0, Marvel Spotlight - 1.
Warning: Spoiler!

But still, sorting stays the same as you can see. So I was wondering about sorting by issue number instead of file naming. Is it possible?
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Wade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1112 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Sorting
The beta version for 8.0 is here: www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/268-yacr...eta-8-0?limitstart=0 but it isn't compatible with the current iOS version. It is waiting for the beta of YACReader for iOS.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #1114 by Wade
Replied by Wade on topic Sorting
Ok. Check my previous post again, I've edited it to make things clear )
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Wade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1115 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Sorting
Sorry Wade, I was thinking about YACReaderLibrary, because I fixed a bug causing wrong sorting when issues number was used.

The kind of sorting that you are talking about should be ready for YACReader 2.0 (iOS).

Thank you for your help.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wade, skrimaging

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1116 by Wade
Replied by Wade on topic Sorting
Oh, great!
Thank you. I'm waiting for it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!