Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Sorting

Sorting 9 years 4 months ago #944

Wade

Fresh Boarder

Hi!
I don't know if my question has been asked already,so I just go.
Is there any way to sort comics by actual name file instead of metadata's title? I mean for example.
I think everyone has a collection with filenames like "Comic_name number_of_issue", like "Deathstroke 001".
But title in metadata doesn't have to be this way. I prefer to name book in metadata with the name of the issue, like "something_something" without filename.
Unfortunately YACR sorts file from A to Z, this way if issue number 5 has a title beggining with "S", and issue number 6 with "D", issue 6 will stand before issue 5. I don't think this is kinda right.
Can YACR sort files by actual file names, instead of titles?

Oh, and btw, titles don't syncronize. I got all the books with title on my computer, but after syncronizing all the books on iPad don't have titles, just filenames in title field
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Wade.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sorting 9 years 2 months ago #1005

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Hi,

sorry for the late response. For some reason I didn't send the post, but I remember writing it :huh:

Sorting uses the file name if the issue number is not present. Days ago I fixed a bug related to this, and I think that you are suffering it. It will be fixed for the next release.

Please, check the betas when they will be ready and tell me if your issues are fixed.

I have to redo the sorting behavior in YACReader for iOS before sending the titles to the device.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Sorting 9 years 1 month ago #1111

Wade

Fresh Boarder

Great, thank you.
I'm sorry too for late response )
Where can I participate the beta-test? I didn't see any updates in app store so far

Let me explain myself with pictures ))
For example take part of my Dark Reign collection.
As you can see on screen one, I got some comics in one folder, some of them named with issue number. two of the don't. They are outlined with red.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

As you can see they are sorted in alphabetical order, but the truth is Marvel spotlight goes after Secret Invasion 8. And I want to see my files named like "Secret Invasion 08", instead of "08 Secret Invasion". But in the same time I'd like to see my library in right order. So I go to file's properties and set Issue number: Secret Invasion - 0, Marvel Spotlight - 1.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

But still, sorting stays the same as you can see. So I was wondering about sorting by issue number instead of file naming. Is it possible?
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Wade.

Sorting 9 years 1 month ago #1112

Luis Ángel

Administrator

The beta version for 8.0 is here: www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/268-yacr...eta-8-0?limitstart=0 but it isn't compatible with the current iOS version. It is waiting for the beta of YACReader for iOS.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Sorting 9 years 1 month ago #1114

Wade

Fresh Boarder

Ok. Check my previous post again, I've edited it to make things clear )
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Wade.

Sorting 9 years 1 month ago #1115

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Sorry Wade, I was thinking about YACReaderLibrary, because I fixed a bug causing wrong sorting when issues number was used.

The kind of sorting that you are talking about should be ready for YACReader 2.0 (iOS).

Thank you for your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wade, skrimaging

Sorting 9 years 1 month ago #1116

Wade

Fresh Boarder

Oh, great!
Thank you. I'm waiting for it