Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro

Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro 1 month 4 weeks ago #8605

Stanleh

Fresh Boarder

I can't use the backup feature in the yacreader app because my old iPad is full of comics and has no free space to move them to the documents folder.
I tried backing up to my Icloud but it still seemed to have to save them to documents on my iPad first.

When I get the new iPad pro, can I select transfer apps and data and it will transfer the comics inside the app or will it just transfer the app, and will it keep record of what books I have read and which issue I am on?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro 1 month 4 weeks ago #8607

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 569

Try to make some room for a few comics and do the backup in batches. Once you get some comics out, remove them from the app and repeat.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro 1 month 4 weeks ago #8608

Stanleh

Fresh Boarder

Thanks for the quick reply, so it won't automatically transfer the contents of the app from one ipad to another?

Is there anyway I can backup or transfer the contents of the app to my windows pc?

Finally how do I delete the files from the documents (not inside the app) on my ipad to make more room?

Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro 1 month 4 weeks ago #8609

Luis Ángel

Administrator

It won’t transfer the comics to your new iPad.

The easiest way would be to connect an external drive and do the backup there. But if you don’t have one, then you’ll need to connect the ipad to your windows pc and do this: support.apple.com/guide/devices-windows/...mchl4bd77d3a/windows

You’ll have access to the files created by the backup process and you can copy them and then delete them.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro 1 month 3 weeks ago #8615

Stanleh

Fresh Boarder

I got an external hdd and managed to back up my books and transfer them that way thank you.
Is there any way to transfer my reading progress, where I was up to for each book etc

Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro 1 month 3 weeks ago #8616

Luis Ángel

Administrator

No, the only place the reading progress is kept is YACReaderLibrary, which is the method I use to import my comics. Now that you have all your comics in a hard disk, maybe you can try to create a library there, and try to synchronize the reading progress with it. Then you should be able to get the reading progress into the new iPad.