- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro
- Stanleh
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 2 months ago #8605
by Stanleh
Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro was created by Stanleh
I can't use the backup feature in the yacreader app because my old iPad is full of comics and has no free space to move them to the documents folder.
I tried backing up to my Icloud but it still seemed to have to save them to documents on my iPad first.
When I get the new iPad pro, can I select transfer apps and data and it will transfer the comics inside the app or will it just transfer the app, and will it keep record of what books I have read and which issue I am on?
I tried backing up to my Icloud but it still seemed to have to save them to documents on my iPad first.
When I get the new iPad pro, can I select transfer apps and data and it will transfer the comics inside the app or will it just transfer the app, and will it keep record of what books I have read and which issue I am on?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 2 months ago #8607
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro
Try to make some room for a few comics and do the backup in batches. Once you get some comics out, remove them from the app and repeat.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Stanleh
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 2 months ago #8608
by Stanleh
Replied by Stanleh on topic Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro
Thanks for the quick reply, so it won't automatically transfer the contents of the app from one ipad to another?
Is there anyway I can backup or transfer the contents of the app to my windows pc?
Finally how do I delete the files from the documents (not inside the app) on my ipad to make more room?
Is there anyway I can backup or transfer the contents of the app to my windows pc?
Finally how do I delete the files from the documents (not inside the app) on my ipad to make more room?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 2 months ago #8609
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro
It won’t transfer the comics to your new iPad.
The easiest way would be to connect an external drive and do the backup there. But if you don’t have one, then you’ll need to connect the ipad to your windows pc and do this: support.apple.com/guide/devices-windows/...mchl4bd77d3a/windows
You’ll have access to the files created by the backup process and you can copy them and then delete them.
The easiest way would be to connect an external drive and do the backup there. But if you don’t have one, then you’ll need to connect the ipad to your windows pc and do this: support.apple.com/guide/devices-windows/...mchl4bd77d3a/windows
You’ll have access to the files created by the backup process and you can copy them and then delete them.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Stanleh
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 2 months ago #8615
by Stanleh
Replied by Stanleh on topic Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro
I got an external hdd and managed to back up my books and transfer them that way thank you.
Is there any way to transfer my reading progress, where I was up to for each book etc
Is there any way to transfer my reading progress, where I was up to for each book etc
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 2 months ago #8616
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Transfering from old Ipad Pro to new Ipad Pro
No, the only place the reading progress is kept is YACReaderLibrary, which is the method I use to import my comics. Now that you have all your comics in a hard disk, maybe you can try to create a library there, and try to synchronize the reading progress with it. Then you should be able to get the reading progress into the new iPad.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel