Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

iTunes + Library + Network not working properly

More
11 years 7 months ago #1047 by Uchi
Hey, I'm brand new to this app and I just bought it for my iPad.

I managed to successfully generate a library on my Macbook Pro (yosemite) just fine. However, I've tried many different ways to access the same library on my iPad mini. For whatever reason, the network keeps timing out and I don't know what to do as far iTunes goes. The tutorials don't explain anything. The youtube videos just show how the app looks once it works but doesn't show users how to actually get the thing to function properly.

I don't want this to be a complete waste of money, I'm new to this and have been trying to figure it out on my own for more time than I would like to. I just want to start reading my comics on my iPad.

Please help asap, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1048 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iTunes + Library + Network not working properly
I am posting here my response by email:

Could you tell me what IP and port are you using to connect to your Mac? Are you using the QR code in the server config dialog (YACReaderLibrary)? Do you have a firewall running in your Mac? If so, please, let YACReaderLibrary get connections through it.

Please, let me know as much information as possible for solving your issues as soon as possible.

If you wish we keep the conversation here, maybe it will be useful for other users.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1057 by jethoman
I had this same problem, but seemed to be related to the Mac Firewall being turned on. I am sure that you can configure it to allow all traffic to and from YAC Library, but I just turned it off. The web feature worked well after that. If you are continuing to have trouble, go into iTunes and select your iPad mini, and then the apps section. Scroll down until you see the apps that you can add files to. Select YAC and click add or drag and drop your comics into the file area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1059 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iTunes + Library + Network not working properly
The issue of Uchi was his/her network setup, something unusual.

Thank you for the help jethoman, I am sure that other users will find it useful.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!