- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
iOS app won't remember filter settings?
- akrises92
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #9893
by akrises92
iOS app won't remember filter settings? was created by akrises92
Hi, I was just checking if it was normal behavior for the iOS app to not remember filter settings for comics. I can set a filter and use it as long as the comic file is open, but as soon as I close the comic and go back to library, when I go back into the comic, the filter is un-set and I have to set it up again from scratch.
I am currently running the YACReader app standalone and am not syncing this iPad with YACReaderLibrary on any other device. Do I need to do this in order for my filter settings to stick? Or is something else the issue?
This is on an iPad A16 with iPadOS 26.2, .cbr and .cbz files.
Thanks for any info.
I am currently running the YACReader app standalone and am not syncing this iPad with YACReaderLibrary on any other device. Do I need to do this in order for my filter settings to stick? Or is something else the issue?
This is on an iPad A16 with iPadOS 26.2, .cbr and .cbz files.
Thanks for any info.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 months 2 weeks ago #9894
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iOS app won't remember filter settings?
No, filters should be saved. I can’t reproduce the bug, can you give me more information please? How do you import your comics?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- akrises92
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
8 months 2 weeks ago #9895
by akrises92
Replied by akrises92 on topic iOS app won't remember filter settings?
I imported them from a folder in my Dropbox, and then I cut/pasted them from the folder structure that was created in my YACReader library into named folders for the different comic series. (by default if puts them into whatever folder tree they were in your Dropbox eg: Public/xx/xx/yy.cbr)
I can try deleting everything, reinstalling the app and reimporting a .cbr with a different way and see if the bug remains.
I can try deleting everything, reinstalling the app and reimporting a .cbr with a different way and see if the bug remains.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- akrises92
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
8 months 2 weeks ago #9896
by akrises92
Replied by akrises92 on topic iOS app won't remember filter settings?
Without reinstalling the app, I downloaded a new .cbz file from a different comic series from my Dropbox to my Files app first, and then imported from the Files app to YACReader, and the filter setting is not retained on this file as well.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- akrises92
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
8 months 2 weeks ago #9897
by akrises92
Replied by akrises92 on topic iOS app won't remember filter settings?
Here is a short screen recording I made just to demonstrate the app behavior; going into a comic, setting a filter, backing out, going back in and the filter not being applied.
-
filebin.net/cw5pf7v33lmtevmk
-
filebin.net/cw5pf7v33lmtevmk
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 months 2 weeks ago #9898
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic iOS app won't remember filter settings?
Thank you, I can confirm the bug.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: akrises92
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- akrises92
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
8 months 2 weeks ago #9899
by akrises92
Replied by akrises92 on topic iOS app won't remember filter settings?
Glad I could help if it will help make the app better for everyone
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel