Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Sync Issues

Sync Issues 8 years 9 months ago #1601

Kr1ll1n

Fresh Boarder

Anyone else having reading status sync issues?

I read comics on the bus, so when I get home I try and sync. So far it has been a complete no-go for me.
I have confirmed that the server is listening, and from the iPad I can browse the library, but when I click sync, the window flips forward saying "Please wait, sending data to the server" and instantaneously flips back.

I have tried a few things to remediate, but so far they have all been a no-go.

And just to add some confirmation (8085 is the port I defined in the server dialog, and in the app);
~$ netstat -an | egrep 808
tcp46 0 0 *.8085 *.* LISTEN

So the server is indeed running (browsing the library wouldn't work otherwise, of course).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sync Issues 8 years 9 months ago #1602

Kr1ll1n

Fresh Boarder

In case anyone is interested, I figured out the issue.

In between reading some comics, and trying to sync the reading status, I had tried to do a comic vine update on some of them. It worked, but i went back and restored all of the tags CV modified back to the original values.

Anyway, I deleted them off the iPad, re-imported them from Library, and then did the 2-finger walk to have 50+ marked as read within 5min. I removed all read statuses from Library on that particular series, and did the sync again.

The sync finally worked.

So the take-away is that updating comics using comic vine means the versions between Library and the app are now treated as different (as they should be, though some means to reconcile would be nice), and will not sync read status anymore.

Sync Issues 8 years 9 months ago #1606

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Welcome to the forum Kr1ll1n.

Thank you for reporting the bug, and the detailed description about how to replicate it. I will try to replicate the issue myself.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Sync Issues 8 years 9 months ago #1672

ThisbigBLACK

Fresh Boarder

Thanks! I logged in to report this. I'll try your work around.