- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Sync Issues
- Kr1ll1n
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 2 months ago #1601
by Kr1ll1n
Sync Issues was created by Kr1ll1n
Anyone else having reading status sync issues?
I read comics on the bus, so when I get home I try and sync. So far it has been a complete no-go for me.
I have confirmed that the server is listening, and from the iPad I can browse the library, but when I click sync, the window flips forward saying "Please wait, sending data to the server" and instantaneously flips back.
I have tried a few things to remediate, but so far they have all been a no-go.
And just to add some confirmation (8085 is the port I defined in the server dialog, and in the app);
~$ netstat -an | egrep 808
tcp46 0 0 *.8085 *.* LISTEN
So the server is indeed running (browsing the library wouldn't work otherwise, of course).
I read comics on the bus, so when I get home I try and sync. So far it has been a complete no-go for me.
I have confirmed that the server is listening, and from the iPad I can browse the library, but when I click sync, the window flips forward saying "Please wait, sending data to the server" and instantaneously flips back.
I have tried a few things to remediate, but so far they have all been a no-go.
And just to add some confirmation (8085 is the port I defined in the server dialog, and in the app);
~$ netstat -an | egrep 808
tcp46 0 0 *.8085 *.* LISTEN
So the server is indeed running (browsing the library wouldn't work otherwise, of course).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Kr1ll1n
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #1602
by Kr1ll1n
Replied by Kr1ll1n on topic Sync Issues
In case anyone is interested, I figured out the issue.
In between reading some comics, and trying to sync the reading status, I had tried to do a comic vine update on some of them. It worked, but i went back and restored all of the tags CV modified back to the original values.
Anyway, I deleted them off the iPad, re-imported them from Library, and then did the 2-finger walk to have 50+ marked as read within 5min. I removed all read statuses from Library on that particular series, and did the sync again.
The sync finally worked.
So the take-away is that updating comics using comic vine means the versions between Library and the app are now treated as different (as they should be, though some means to reconcile would be nice), and will not sync read status anymore.
In between reading some comics, and trying to sync the reading status, I had tried to do a comic vine update on some of them. It worked, but i went back and restored all of the tags CV modified back to the original values.
Anyway, I deleted them off the iPad, re-imported them from Library, and then did the 2-finger walk to have 50+ marked as read within 5min. I removed all read statuses from Library on that particular series, and did the sync again.
The sync finally worked.
So the take-away is that updating comics using comic vine means the versions between Library and the app are now treated as different (as they should be, though some means to reconcile would be nice), and will not sync read status anymore.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 2 months ago #1606
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Sync Issues
Welcome to the forum Kr1ll1n.
Thank you for reporting the bug, and the detailed description about how to replicate it. I will try to replicate the issue myself.
Thank you for reporting the bug, and the detailed description about how to replicate it. I will try to replicate the issue myself.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ThisbigBLACK
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #1672
by ThisbigBLACK
Replied by ThisbigBLACK on topic Sync Issues
Thanks! I logged in to report this. I'll try your work around.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel