Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Streaming from YACReaderLibrary

Streaming from YACReaderLibrary 8 years 9 months ago #1634

iamgroot

Fresh Boarder

You might want to look at the streaming code from YACReaderLibrary for how it handles retries/timeouts. It's timed out and dumped me back to the library view more than a few times when trying to load the next page. I have a rock-solid wifi network and no other apps that use streaming have issues. Obviously I know nothing about your code but on the face of it, it seems you need to shorten the timeout period and then try a completely new fetch.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Streaming from YACReaderLibrary 8 years 9 months ago #1642

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

What OS are you using? I am not having issues at all in Windows.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Streaming from YACReaderLibrary 8 years 9 months ago #1660

iamgroot

Fresh Boarder

Windows 8.1. I'll be reading a comic with no issues, flip to the next page, and the spinning wheel appears. Eventually it'll time out and app will exit the book. When I re-enter and go to the "stuck" page, it has no problems. Does YACReaderLibrary or the app have any network logs?

Streaming from YACReaderLibrary 8 years 9 months ago #1661

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

In C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary there is a file server_log.log with the server logs.

I am using a lot the remote reading feature, in fact it is almost the only thing I am using. With 7.2.0 I was having some issues from time to time, but with the latest version everything is running smooth for me, so I am looking forward to hearing if you find something wrong.

You can send me the log file after a connection timeout if you want.

Where do you have yous comics stored? NAS? external hard drive?....
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\