- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Streaming from YACReaderLibrary
- iamgroot
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 2 months ago #1634
by iamgroot
Streaming from YACReaderLibrary was created by iamgroot
You might want to look at the streaming code from YACReaderLibrary for how it handles retries/timeouts. It's timed out and dumped me back to the library view more than a few times when trying to load the next page. I have a rock-solid wifi network and no other apps that use streaming have issues. Obviously I know nothing about your code but on the face of it, it seems you need to shorten the timeout period and then try a completely new fetch.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 2 months ago #1642
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Streaming from YACReaderLibrary
What OS are you using? I am not having issues at all in Windows.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- iamgroot
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #1660
by iamgroot
Replied by iamgroot on topic Streaming from YACReaderLibrary
Windows 8.1. I'll be reading a comic with no issues, flip to the next page, and the spinning wheel appears. Eventually it'll time out and app will exit the book. When I re-enter and go to the "stuck" page, it has no problems. Does YACReaderLibrary or the app have any network logs?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 2 months ago #1661
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Streaming from YACReaderLibrary
In C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary there is a file server_log.log with the server logs.
I am using a lot the remote reading feature, in fact it is almost the only thing I am using. With 7.2.0 I was having some issues from time to time, but with the latest version everything is running smooth for me, so I am looking forward to hearing if you find something wrong.
You can send me the log file after a connection timeout if you want.
Where do you have yous comics stored? NAS? external hard drive?....
I am using a lot the remote reading feature, in fact it is almost the only thing I am using. With 7.2.0 I was having some issues from time to time, but with the latest version everything is running smooth for me, so I am looking forward to hearing if you find something wrong.
You can send me the log file after a connection timeout if you want.
Where do you have yous comics stored? NAS? external hard drive?....
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel